Report: Cruz caves, set to endorse Trump

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
2602712Washington Examiner:

Sen. Ted Cruz is set to endorse Donald Trump as early as Friday, ending a months-long holdout, according to multiple reports.

It's not clear what has changed. The Republican nominee never apologized for his campaign's attacks on Cruz's wife and father during the primary, and hasn't become any more conservative on key policies than he was previously.

Republican insiders say Cruz's approval numbers have taken a hit since the summer, when he went so far as to pointedly refuse to endorse Trump during a speech delivered from the convention, and that the Texan could be concerned about his 2018 re-election prospects.

Cruz was the runner-up to Trump in the race for the Republican presidential nomination. He declined to back his former rival on ideological grounds and because Trump attacked members of his family down the stretch of their heated primary campaign.

________

Glenn Beck's reaction:

57846-Glenn-Beck-Exploding-Head-gif-.gif

Ted Cruz Confirms He is Endorsing Donald Trump

by Patrick Svitek / Sept. 23, 2016 / 3Comments

U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz endorsed Donald Trump on Friday after months of withholding his support from the Republican presidential nominee who defeated him in the primaries.

"After many months of careful consideration, of prayer and searching my own conscience, I have decided that on Election Day, I will vote for the Republican nominee, Donald Trump," Cruz said in a statement released to The Texas Tribune. Scissors-32x32.png https://www.texastribune.org/2016/09/23/cruz-endorse-trump/

What's the saying -- as the world turn's -- unsure.png reason no sure so Cruz endorses Trump what "if Trump goes off the deep end" ( just saying )

9/23/2016

Filed under: General — Patterico @ 12:39 pm

His Facebook post is here.

I’ll make no bones about it: I am disappointed. I think it is wrong for him to endorse a man who insulted his wife and his dad as Trump did. Absent a sincere public apology, Trump does not deserve this. I understand the politics of it. But I am disappointed. Scissors-32x32.png

http://patterico.com/2016/09/23/cruz-endorses-trump/

Ted Cruz

September 23 at 12:24pm ·

This election is unlike any other in our nation’s history. Like many other voters, I have struggled to determine the right course of action in this general election.

In Cleveland, I urged voters, “please, don’t stay home in November. Stand, and speak, and vote your conscience, vote for candidates up and down the ticket whom you trust to defend our freedom and to be faithful to the Constitution.”

After many months of careful consideration, of prayer and searching my own conscience, I have decided that on Election Day, I will vote for the Republican nominee, Donald Trump.

I’ve made this decision for two reasons. First, last year, I promised to support the Republican nominee. And I intend to keep my word.

Second, even though I have had areas of significant disagreement with our nominee, by any measure Hillary Clinton is wholly unacceptable — that’s why I have always been #NeverHillary.

Six key policy differences inform my decision. First, and most important, the Supreme Court. For anyone concerned about the Bill of Rights — free speech, religious liberty, the Second Amendment — the Court hangs in the balance. I have spent my professional career fighting before the Court to defend the Constitution. We are only one justice away from losing our most basic rights, and the next president will appoint as many as four new justices. We know, without a doubt, that every Clinton appointee would be a left-wing ideologue. Trump, in contrast, has promised to appoint justices “in the mold of Scalia.” Scissors-32x32.png

https://www.facebook.com/tedcruzpage/posts/10154476728267464