‘Deplorables’ by a different name: Obama says Trump fueled by fearful, resentful voters

Geee

obama-trump-bid-fueled-fearful-resentful-votersWashington Times:

Even as Donald Trump is climbing in polls, President Obama said most Americans have figured out that the Republican nominee isn’t “suited” for the presidency.

“I don’t think it’s a surprise for me to say that I don’t think his temperament is suited for this office,” Mr. Obama said in an interview published in Vanity Fair. “But it’s not something that I have to emphasize because I think the majority of the American people have figured that out.”

The president told historian Doris Kearns Goodwin that he views Mr. Trump’s candidacy as “an expression of certain fears, certain resentments, that have been a running thread in American history.”

“There are always going to be figures who become symbols and expressions of those fears and resentments,” Mr. Obama said. “So he’s not unique in that sense.”

During the discussion of his legacy and habits, the president also said he often writes angry speeches or letters that he never delivers.Scissors-32x32.png