Clinton: 'No erasing' Trump's 'birtherism'

Geee

296298-clinton-no-erasing-trumps-birtherismThe Hill:

on Friday said that Donald Trump cannot erase his years of questioning President Obama's citizenship and that the GOP presidential nominee owes everyone an apology.

Trump led the so-called birther movement for five years to "delegitimize our first black president," Clinton said in a speech to the Black Women's Agenda, and "his campaign was founded on this outrageous lie."

"There is no erasing it in history," the Democratic nominee said. "Barack Obama was born in America, plain and simple, and Donald Trump owes him and the American people an apology."

Clinton delivered her remarks moments before Trump was expected to deliver a "major statement" surrounding his views about Obama's birthplace during an appearance at the opening of his hotel in Washington, D.C.

Trump in an interview with The Washington Post published Thursday refused to say whether he thinks Obama was born in Hawaii.

His campaign quickly released a statement quoting a top aide saying that Trump does believe Obama was born in the U.S., something articulated by his running mate Mike Pence and others.

Scissors-32x32.png

Trump: Obama was born in US

Donald Trump on Friday declared that President Obama was born in the United States after raising doubts for years about whether he is an American citizen.

“Hillary Clinton in her campaign of 2008 started the 'birther' controversy. I finished it,” Trump said at a campaign event in Washington.

“President Barack Obama was born in the United States, period. Now we all want to get back to making America strong and great again.”

Trump immediately left the stage after the brief comment, refusing to take questions from reporters.

The birther issue has dogged Trump for years. Its reemergence now threatens to frustrate his progress as he rides a wave of improving poll numbers.

Trump on Thursday declined to answer whether he believed Obama was born in the U.S. in an interview with The Washington Post.

As criticism mounted, the campaign sent out a statement hours later from spokesman Jason Miller that lauded Trump for providing “closure” to the issue by getting Obama to release his long-form birth certificate in 2011 and accused Clinton, Trump's Democratic rival for the presidency, of starting the birther rumors. Scissors-32x32.png

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/296292-trump-obama-birthplace-address

Obama dismisses birther talk, wants 'more serious' campaign

President Obama chided a reporter Friday for asking him about the Donald Trump campaign's latest opinion on whether he was born in the United States, and said the 2016 election needs to get more serious.

"I… have no reaction and I'm shocked that a question like that has come up at a time when we have so many other things to do," Obama said in a brief appearance before reporters that mostly focused on his push to pass the Trans-Pacific Partnership.

"Well, I'm not that shocked actually; it's fairly typical," Obama admitted. "We got other things to attend to."

"I was pretty confident about where I was born," Obama added. "I think most people were as well. My hope would be the presidential election reflects more serious issues than that."Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/obama-dismisses-birther-talk-wants-more-serious-campaign/article/2602029

Clinton says Trump owes Obama, Americans apology for birth claims: ‘Outrageous lie’

Hillary Clinton said Friday there’s no “erasing” the “birther” issue for Donald Trump, saying the GOP presidential nominee’s campaign was founded on the “outrageous lie” that President Obama was not born in the United States.

“We know who Donald is. For five years, he has led the birther movement to de-legitimize our first black president,” Mrs. Clinton said at an event in Washington, D.C.

“His campaign was founded on this outrageous lie,” she said. “There is no erasing it in history. Just yesterday, Trump again refused to say with his own words that the president was born in the United States. Now, Donald’s advisers have a temerity to say he’s doing the country a service by pushing these lies.Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/sep/16/clinton-trump-owes-apology-birther-claims-obama/

Clinton says Trump owes Obama, Americans apology for birth claims: ‘Outrageous lie’

Hillary Clinton said Friday there’s no “erasing” the “birther” issue for Donald Trump, saying the GOP presidential nominee’s campaign was founded on the “outrageous lie” that President Obama was not born in the United States.

“We know who Donald is. For five years, he has led the birther movement to de-legitimize our first black president,” Mrs. Clinton said at an event in Washington, D.C.

“His campaign was founded on this outrageous lie,” she said. “There is no erasing it in history. Just yesterday, Trump again refused to say with his own words that the president was born in the United States. Now, Donald’s advisers have a temerity to say he’s doing the country a service by pushing these lies.Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/sep/16/clinton-trump-owes-apology-birther-claims-obama/

How can she possibly bring up the word "erasing"???

• Like 1