Impervious Hubris: How U.S. Intelligence Failures About Islam Led to ISIS

Geee

impervious-hubris-how-u-s-intelligence-failures-about-islam-led-to-isisPJ Media:

A decade after U.S. leadership declared a “war on terror,” all it has to show for it is the creation of the Islamic State -- an Islamic body that has taken terror and atrocities to a whole new level.

How did this happen?

A key factor often overlooked is the intelligence community’s failures concerning what fuels the jihadis.

Consider Michael Scheuer, author of the 2004 national bestseller Imperial Hubris: Why the West Is Losing the War on Terror. Scheuer’s credentials as described in that book are impressive:

For the past seventeen years, my career has focused exclusively on terrorism, Islamic insurgencies, militant Islam … I have earned my keep and am able to speak with some authority and confidence about Osama bin Laden, al-Qaeda, [and] the dangers they pose and symbolize for the Unites States.

Indeed, Scheuer has also served as senior adviser for the Osama Bin Laden department and chief of the Sunni Militant Unit.Scissors-32x32.png