SEAHAWKS Consider Protesting National Anthem As Team...

Geee

seahawks-players-may-expand-national-anthem-protest-sunday-vs-dolphinsKomonews.com:

RENTON -- The Seattle Seahawks hope to make a statement in their season-opening matchup versus the Miami Dolphins on Sunday.

But some of the players might make a statement before the game even starts.

Following protests by San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick and Seattle cornerback Jeremy Lane, members of the Seahawks might join together to address the issues that motivated Kaepernick to first sit, then kneel during the playing of the national anthem.

Linebacker Bobby Wagner said Wednesday that the team is considering a show of unity in order to promote justice and equality for all Americans, regardless of skin color.

"Anything that we want to do, it's not going to be individual," Wagner said ahead of practice at the Virginia Mason Athletic Center. "It's going to be a team thing because that's what the world needs to see. The world needs to see people coming together versus being individuals."Scissors-32x32.png

Seahawks' Doug Baldwin announces 'our team will honor the country and flag'
Andre Vergara
Sep 8, 2016 at 3:59p ET

It looks like the Seattle Seahawks will be following the lead of Russell Wilson, not Colin Kaepernick, on Sunday.

A day after Doug Baldwin and Cliff Avril told reporters they were considering joining the national anthem protest before the Seahawks' season opener, Baldwin on Thursday tweeted that "our team will honor the country and flag in a pregame demonstration of unity."

Doug Baldwin Jr @DougBaldwinJr

To express a desire to bring people together, our team will honor the country and flag in a pregame demonstration of unity.

• Like 1

Good-bye, NFL, I hardly knew ye.

Sorry Randy, said good bye to professional baseball, football and NBA (my favorite) quite a few years ago. They got to be such high priced prima donnas, it wasn't the same anymore.

‘Boycott NFL’ sweeps internet because if ungrateful players can sit-out anthem, fans can sit-out games
September 9, 2016 | Carmine Sabia

(Snip)

Those incidences were the end of the line for many, and the hashtag #BoycottNFL began trending on social media where it remained on Twitter’s top 10 trending topics Friday.

Orwellian_Dilemma @Orwells_Dilemma

@lovepetraXIX NFL players have the right to hate America. America has the right to hate them back. #boycottNFL

7:01 AM - 9 Sep 2016

(Snip)

Angela @Ike19777

#boycottNFL Stand up and spend your money on good things not some crybabies looking for attention. If they cared they would be out helping

(Snip)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am hoping this takes off!

• Like 2

A black Gulf War veteran's take on the Colin Kaepernick controversy

Colin Kaepernick's refusal to stand in honor of the National Anthem and flag may well be within his constitutional rights, but his actions are much less than wise. Kaepernick contends that the flag cannot be given due honor and respect because of the chronic mistreatment of African-Americans historically and in recent months. His facts in this regard are accurate and cannot be argued. But Kaepernick's actions fail in two critical ways.

First, Kaepernick misappropriates the purpose of the flag. The flag and national anthem represent the best ideas of what America should be, and should not be viewed as symbol of our national failures. The flag is a constant reminder that America as an idea aspires towards freedom and equality. These definitions do not change based upon the failure of Americans to fully live them out. Thus, Kaepernick is right to protest the failure of American efforts where equality is concerned. But making the flag, the very reminder of what we should be, the object of his protests is misguided. Indeed, a better action would be to use the flag to remind the nation of what our highest aspirations are and thus contrast that with current realities. This action would be both sobering and convicting.

Second, as a veteran and African-American, I often marvel at previous generations of African-Americans (particularly veterans) and their approach to patriotism and injustice. Consider that in World War II blacks enlisted by the thousands, eager to combat Nazism at sea, in the air and on land. Their eagerness to stand up and serve grew when veterans, like the Tuskegee Airmen, pressed for the opportunity to fight alongside their white counterparts. Often these requests were denied and the black soldier was relegated to menial servant duties versus front line action.Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/a-black-gulf-war-vet-on-the-kaepernick-uproar/article/2601477

• Like 1

NAACP President Compares Colin Kaepernick to Rosa Parks

‘It’s a lofty name, but it’s not a stretch’

Colin Kaepernick / AP

BY: Natalie Johnson

September 9, 2016 2:54 pm

The president of the NAACP compared 49ers backup quarterback Colin Kaepernick to civil rights hero Rosa Parks because of his refusal to stand for the national anthem before football games.
Scissors-32x32.png

Oh reallyrolleyes.gif Like you can compare what courage one took over the other? No contest. I am so tired of people making light of ACTUAL historical figures.

Hmmmmmmm all I did was to post, not that I wrote or support that kind of thought

Sorry, wasn't referring to you - was referring to the NAACP dissing one of their own evenrolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Oh reallyrolleyes.gif Like you can compare what courage one took over the other? No contest. I am so tired of people making light of ACTUAL historical figures.

Hmmmmmmm all I did was to post, not that I wrote or support that kind of thought

Sorry, wasn't referring to you - was referring to the NAACP dissing one of their own evenrolleyes.gif

This has always been a tool of Liberal Progressive Idjits...revisionist history. Change everything historically factual & replace it with your best intentions for the elitist liberal dream...and BAM...history as it never was but which can now be trumpeted until it becomes fact.

• Like 1

South Park Teases New Season With Trailer Trashing Colin Kaepernick Supporters

Colin Kaepernick is great. / Cops are pigs, cops are pigs. / Wait, someone just took my stuff

I need to call the cops. / Oh, no, I just said cops are pigs. / Whos gonna help me get my stuff?

Why did I listen to Colin Kaepernick, / Hes not even any good. / Oh, I just got all my stuff back

Cops are pigs again, cops are pigs. / Colin Kaepernicks a good backup

• Like 1