Trump, Clinton declare each other unfit to serve as commander in chief

Geee

donald-trump-hillary-clinton-declare-each-other-unWashington Times:

Seeking to paint themselves as eminently qualified and the other’s judgment as lacking, Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton traded barbs Wednesday night over the Iraq War, the Islamic State, U.S. intervention in Libya and other key foreign policy challenges, each telling a hall full of veterans and servicemen and -women that the other isn’t fit to serve as commander in chief.

At a forum hosted by NBC News and the Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America, the two White House hopefuls each accused the other of fully supporting the 2003 invasion of Iraq, pointing to how the conflict has destabilized the region and led to the rise of the Islamic State.

For her part, Mrs. Clinton once again admitted she’d made a mistake with her vote to authorize the conflict, but quickly turned the tables on her Republican foe and highlighted his own muddy position on the war.

“I think that the decision to go to war in Iraq was a mistake, and I have said that my voting to give President Bush that authority was, from my perspective, my mistake,” Mrs. Clinton said during the 60-minute forum, at which each candidate answered questions for a half-hour. “I also believe that it is imperative that we learn from the mistakes. But I will say this: I’m asking to be judged on the totality of my record.”Scissors-32x32.png

Forum Between Donald Trump And Hillary Clinton Produces Solid Ratings

Nearly 11 million peopled watched Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton answer questions about national security and the military Wednesday night.

The two presidential candidates — in their first joint event — went back to back at the Commander-in-Chief forum hosted by Matt Lauer in New York City. According to fast ratings from Nielsen, 10.8 million viewers tuned in.

The forum was the second most-watched show of the night, making it a close second behind “America’s Got Talent,” which had a 1.8 rating among adults 18-49.Scissors-32x32.png

http://dailycaller.com/2016/09/08/nbc-sees-massive-ratings-from-forum-between-donald-trump-and-hillary-clinton/