Jim Comey’s strange memo to FBI employees

Valin

jim-comeys-strange-memo-to-fbi-employees.phpPower Line: Paul Mirengoff

September 7, 2016

Bill and Hillary Clinton have ruined more than a few lives and reputations during their 40 year march to power, wealth, and (in Bills case) sexual gratification. Is James Comey their latest victim?

Its probably too early to tell. But after reading the memo Comey sent to FBI employees, I think its fair to say that hes not loving life right now.

I found the memo defensive, thin-skinned, and a bit bizarre. The text is below. Read it and see whether you agree with me:

(Snip)

You may be sick of this, but let me leave you with a few words about how I have been describing the email investigation in private to our former employees as I meet them around the country. I explain to them that there are two aspects to this: (1) our judgment about the facts and prosecutive merit; and (2) how we decided to talk about that judgment. I tell them that the difficult decision was actually the second part, not the first. At the end of the day, the case itself was not a cliff-hanger; despite all the chest-beating by people no longer in government, there really wasnt a prosecutable case.

The hard part was whether to offer unprecedented transparency about our thinking. I explain to our alumni that I struggled with that part, but decided the best way to protect the FBI, the Department of Justice, and the American peoples sense of justice was to announce it in the way we did with extraordinary transparency and without any kind of coordination.

I explain to our alums that Im okay if folks have a different view of the investigation (although I struggle to see how they actually could, especially when they didnt do the investigation), or about the wisdom of announcing it as we did (although even with hindsight I think that was the best course), but I have no patience for suggestions that we conducted ourselves as anything but what we are honest, competent, and independent. Those suggesting that we are political or part of some fix either dont know us, or they are full of baloney (and maybe some of both).

I will try not to bother you with this any longer.

Jim Comey