Thoughts from the ammo line

Valin

thoughts-from-the-ammo-line-129.phpPower Line:

Scott Johnson

Aug. 26 2016

Ammo Grrrll is thinking about DEFINING MOMENTS and a life-altering lesson. She writes:

In every life there are watershed moments, often fraught with grief and peril. A parent dies young; a tragic accident destroys hopes and dreams; a baby is born with special needs.

But, sometimes, defining moments are very small, yet life-altering things. Like that proverbial butterfly fluttering its wings in a far-off land and causing seismic changes elsewhere.

In 6th grade, our class in Lincoln Elementary School got its first male teacher, a young go-getter just out of Teachers College, age 23, full of enthusiasm and new ideas. His name was Mr. Hagen, and I will wager that every little girl in the class had a crush on him.

Somehow we learned that he had an upcoming birthday and we planned a big surprise party for him in collaboration with his young wife. I’m pretty sure in retrospect, this party was no surprise at all due to all the whispering, tittering and general excitement whenever he would leave or enter the classroom. Surprises are highly overrated anyway.

(Snip)

It took a while, but Mr. AG has grasped the concept of that defining moment, even though his Mama’s thrift made my Mama’s penny-pinching look like a drunken sailor in his first strip club. On Mr. AG’s sixth trip to Israel, he decided to fly Business Class instead of Coach so he didn’t arrive already exhausted. Good for him. Got something fun in mind that you’re putting off? Do it now. And enjoy every minute. Money is no object.

Life Is Short....