Trump and Blacks

Draggingtree

Draggingtree

trump-and-blacks:

A Further Perspective

Trump and Blacks

THOMAS SOWELL

August 18, 2016, 12:59 pm

A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.

Who would have thought that Donald Trump, of all people, would be addressing the fact that the black community suffers the most from a breakdown of law and order? But sanity on racial issues is sufficiently rare that it must be welcomed, from whatever source it comes.

When establishment Republicans have addressed the problems of blacks at all, it has too often been in terms of what earmarked benefits can be offered in exchange for their votes. And there was very little that Republicans could offer to compete with the Democrats’ whole universe of welfare state earmarks.

Law and order, however, is not an earmarked benefit for any special group. It is a policy for all that is especially needed by law-abiding blacks, who are the principal victims of those who are not law-abiding. Scissors-32x32.png

@Draggingtree

The problem is the only time I see this is during a Presidential election year. And its always only on a national level, never on *the state.county/city level.

* This is what I see in Mn., might be different in other states....but....

“The Democrats seem to be basically nicer people, but they have demonstrated time and again that they have the management skills of celery. They're the kind of people who'd stop to help you change a flat, but would somehow manage to set your car on fire. I would be reluctant to entrust them with a Cuisinart, let alone the economy. The Republicans, on the other hand, would know how to fix your tire, but they wouldn't bother to stop because they'd want to be on time for Ugly Pants Night at the country club”

Dave Barry

Alas this is still way too true.

• Like 1