Longtime TV host John McLaughlin dies at 89

Geee

ar-BBvHFew?ocid=ansmsnnews11MSN.Com:

John McLaughlin, host of the television show "The McLaughlin Group" for 34 straight years, died Tuesday morning at the age of 89, according to a post on the show's Facebook page.

"As a former jesuit priest, teacher, pundit and news host, John touched many lives," the post reads. "For 34 years, The McLaughlin Group informed millions of Americans. Now he has said bye bye for the last time, to rejoin his beloved dog, Oliver, in heaven. He will always be remembered."

On Monday, McLaughlin was absent from the show, breaking his hosting streak of 34 years, seven months and one week.

"I am under the weather," McLaughlin said in a note at the beginning of this week's episode. He added that his voice was "weaker than usual," but "my spirit is strong and my dedication to the show remains absolute!"Scissors-32x32.png

@Valin - putting up with Eleanor Clift for all of those years must have been his penance for dropping out of the priesthoodtongue.png

2 things I get from this 1. What the Huge Major News Story was on 2/24/89 John Tower...and today who remembers...or really cares, 2.Iran 27 years later...here we are.

I looked for Freddy the beetle Barnes or Moooorton biggrin.png couldn't find them.

• Like 1