Would Trump Ever Leave the Race?

Draggingtree

Draggingtree

would_trump_ever_leave_the_race.html:

August 11, 2016

By James W. Lucas

Donald Trump has fought through a 17-challenger field to win the Republican presidential nomination. Now the smartest move for Trump would be to leave the race. Yes, I mean that. (And I am not the only one to wonder if his commitment to finish the race is less than complete.)

But after coming this far, why would a man who wrote a book called Never Give Up walk away? The answer has nothing to do with poll numbers or GOP malcontents. The reason is because of Trump’s long-term perspective gained from decades as a successful businessman.

As he regularly tells us, Trump is a businessman, not a politician. And, unlike one-hit wonders like Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg, he has built a career in which he has founded and grown numerous enterprises. One of the key talents underlying this long career is his preternatural ability to know when to change course. To understand this uncanny instinct for knowing when to switch strategies one needs to look back at the most dramatic time in Trump’s career. In the early 1990s, Trump faced disaster Scissors-32x32.png

@Draggingtree

Short Answer NO. For better or WORSE We are stuck with him, any serious attempts to oust him would pretty much guarantee a Clinton victory.

One thing that * might happen is Donald gets bored...frustrated with Congress See Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell, Ted Cruz...etc etc etc telling him no we're not gonna let you do that (I get the impression he does not respond well to the word No), he resigns and Pence becomes President.

* Very Strong Emphasis on the word MIGHT

"Would Trump Ever Leave the Race?"

I have seen some speculation about this and it led me to wonder, not only for Trump but if the Wicked Witch of the East were force to leave for some reason also - what would be the procedure??? How would a replacement be named?? I don't think there is precedent for this.

Draggingtree

What do you think?

Posted on 08/10/2016 by Wirecutter

Via email from G.S.

Here’s a very scary thought…………..

I had to take my vehicle to the mechanic the other day for service. The Service Manager, Pete, gave me a ride home and on the way he told me his theory about the upcoming election and the next four years of U.S. government.

At first I thought it a bit far fetched. But as I listened to him it began to make sense, scary sense…

“I believe that Hillary Clinton will win the election in November,” Pete began. “Then, sometime between November and January, Hillary will be indicted. The IRS is now investigating the Clinton Foundation and the whole e-mail thing isn’t over yet.”

“Once under indictment she won’t be able to assume the Office of the President in January. Tim Kaine, who will not actually be the Vice President because neither he nor Hillary have been inaugurated, cannot assume the Presidency.”

“The Speaker of the House can’t move up to it because there is already a sitting President and Vice President. So President Obama, in an Executive Order citing “emergency situation,” gives himself another four years in office is the only way possible.” Pete believes Obama has been planning this for a while now, knowing Scissors-32x32.png

http://knuckledraggin.com/2016/08/what-do-you-think-comments-please/

ohmy.png lightningbolt.gif

What do you think?

Via email from G.S.

I had to take my vehicle to the mechanic the other day for service. The Service Manager, Pete, gave me a ride home and on the way he told me his theory about the upcoming election and the next four years of U.S. government.

At first I thought it a bit far fetched. But as I listened to him it began to make sense, scary sense…

“I believe that Hillary Clinton will win the election in November,” Pete began. “Then, sometime between November and January, Hillary will be indicted. The IRS is now investigating the Clinton Foundation and the whole e-mail thing isn’t over yet.”

“Once under indictment she won’t be able to assume the Office of the President in January. Tim Kaine, who will not actually be the Vice President because neither he nor Hillary have been inaugurated, cannot assume the Presidency.”

“The Speaker of the House can’t move up to it because there is already a sitting President and Vice President. So President Obama, in an Executive Order citing “emergency situation,” gives himself another four years in office is the only way possible.” Pete believes Obama has been planning this for a while now, knowing Scissors-32x32.png

There would be riots in the streets IMHO

Edited to add: AND the idea is far-fetched

• Like 1

Draggingtree

What do you think?

Via email from G.S.

There would be riots in the streets IMHO

Edited to add: AND the idea is far-fetched

I like what you said (think) but it was meant as a joke but if you read it twice maybe you will see what really could happen, do hope you read the ''whole'' article LMFAO.gif

Draggingtree
Learn the Story Behind the New Documentary Can We Take a Joke?

Greg Lukianoff August 11, 2016

Some Ricochet readers may remember me posting a little while back about the new FIRE-supported documentary Can We Take a Joke?, a film about the threat outrage culture poses to comedy and free speech. Today, I’d like to share with you all a piece I wrote for The Huffington Post about the backstory of the film and how it came about Scissors-32x32.png

http://canwetakeajoke.com/

@Draggingtree - the guy is so off the wall (Obama), it just didn't seem like a joke to meblink.png - reading it a second time - still not laughing. Even Trumps "Second Amendment" joke is funnier to mewink.png Still wondering about the procedure if either one drops out? Everyone would have to punt I guess???