Forget Politics, Who’s Ready For College Football?

Draggingtree

Draggingtree
forget-politics-whos-ready-for-college-footballThere Surgent: Forget Politics, Who’s Ready For College Football?

By Philip Swicegood | August 8, 2016, 04:30am

After covering the 2016 race since 2004, (it feels like) we at The Resurgent wanted to give you and us a break from the daily, “Trump sucks, Hillary sucks, we’re screwed.” With college football just around the corner, it seems like the perfect distraction. I give you, “The Resurgent Preseason Top 10 Ranking” based on our “highly researched,” completely biased analysis.

1. Alabama. For the 147th year in a row, Alabama tops the charts in the opening preseason poll. While I would personally pull for the Taliban over Alabama, 55 of the 64 voting coaches gave the top spot to the Crimson Tide in the coaches poll. After loosing Kirby Smart to the University of Georgia, Jeremy Pruitt takes over for Nick Saban’s defense. Another important note is only 11 starters from last years national title team will be returning. I wish them nothing but the worst.

2 Clemson. Last year’s runner up will again start this year in the second slot. Early Heisman candidate and all around stud, QB Deshaun Watson is returning for his likely final season with the Tigers Scissors-32x32.png