Report: Leaked text messages demonstrate Mosby’s bad faith

Valin

report-leaked-text-messages-demonstrate-mosbys-bad-faith.phpPower Line:

Paul Mirengoff

August 1, 2016

Carly Hoilman of the Blaze says Fox News’ Trace Gallagher is reporting that leaked text messages between one of Marilyn Mosby’s deputies and the lead investigator in the Freddie Gray case raise new concerns about Mosby’s honesty and good faith in deciding to charge six officers with Gray’s death. The leaked messages reportedly suggest that the prosecutors planned to charge the officers regardless of what the evidence showed.

Detective Dawnyell Taylor reportedly revealed in case notes that she was handed a narrative by the prosecution to read to the grand jury. She wrote that the narrative “had several things that I found to be inconsistent with our investigation.” Taylor added, “I thought the statements in the narrative were misquoted.”

In one of the leaked text messages, Taylor also reportedly told the lead investigator she didn’t feel comfortable reading the script provided to her. “I’m fine with finding the facts but between us I believe we omitted key things from their combined statements,” she explained.

In a related development, Fox News reports that George Washington University law professor John Banzhaf has filed complaints against Marilyn Mosby with the Attorney Grievance Commission of Maryland. He alleges that Mosby and two deputies committed ethics violations, used “fraudulent or misleading tactics,” withheld evidence from the defense, and brought charges without probable cause against the six Baltimore police officers.

(Snip)

• Like 1

clearvision

Hope she goes down in history as Nifong 2, but fear she will get promoted to state attorney general.

Hope she goes down in history as Nifong 2, but fear she will get promoted to state attorney general.

Maybe, but I'd bet in her career she has gotten on the bad side of a lot of (powerful) people.

Second Baltimore prosecutor on Freddie Gray team resigns
Paul Mirengoff
August 7, 2016

We wrote here about the resignation of Lisa Phelps, a 15-year veteran prosecutor who objected to continuing the prosecution of one of the six officers involved in the arrest and/or transport of Freddie Gray. Now a second prosecutor who, along with Phelps was on the team that would have prosecuted that officer and another, has resigned.

Sarah David declined to specify her reasons for resigning. However, she did say that they are the same reasons as those reported as the circumstances behind Phelps’ departure.

In other words, she too was unhappy, if not disgusted, by Marilyn Mosby’s handling of at least one of the Freddie Gray prosecutions.

(Snip)