Gretchen Carlson Sues Fox News Boss, Alleging Sexual Harassment Before Firing

Geee

gretchen-carlson-sues-roger-ailes-alleging-sexual-harassment-firingBrietbart:

NEW YORK (AP) — Former Fox News Channel anchor Gretchen Carlson is suing network chief executive Roger Ailes, claiming she was fired after refusing his sexual advances.

Fox News representatives did not immediately return requests for comment on the lawsuit, which was filed Wednesday in Superior Court in New Jersey’s Bergen County.

Carlson, the former host of a daytime show at Fox, alleged a pattern of discriminatory behavior at Fox.

She says she was fired in June. She says that happened nine months after Ailes told her that “you and I should have had a sexual relationship a long time ago.”Scissors-32x32.png

I didn't watch Gretchen a lot, but it seems to have been a series of FNC blond females. Many of them are so much the same I get them all mixed up.

Roger Ailes Fires Back at Gretchen Carlson's "Defamatory" Lawsuit as Fox Launches Internal Investigation

Gretchen Carlson, Roger Ailes Noam Galai/Getty Images for GIFF; Courtesy of FOX

"This defamatory lawsuit is not only offensive, it is wholly without merit and will be defended vigorously."

Roger Ailes is firing back at a lawsuit from ex-Fox News anchor Gretchen Carlson that accuses him of sexual harassment and retaliation at the same time the network's parent company has announced an internal investigation into the matter.

Carlson, in a suit filed Wednesday in New Jersey Superior Court, claims she was fired from the cable news network for rebuffing Ailes' sexual advances and complaining about pervasive harassment in the workplace.

The Fox News chairman issued this statement in response to the lawsuit Wednesday afternoon:

"Gretchen Carlson's allegations are false. This is a retaliatory suit for the network's decision not to renew her contract, which was due to the fact that her disappointingly low ratings were dragging down the afternoon lineup. When Fox News did not commence any negotiations to renew her contract, Ms. Carlson became aware that her career with the network was likely over and conveniently began to pursue a lawsuit. Ironically, Fox News provided her with more on-air opportunities over her 11-year tenure than any other employer in the industry, for which she thanked me in her recent book. This defamatory lawsuit is not only offensive, it is wholly without merit and will be defended vigorously." Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/roger-ailes-fires-back-at-908859

She apparently is claiming that she was harassed by Steve Doocy alsoblink.png

• Like 1