Farage to EU: ‘I Know That Virtually None of You Have Ever Done a Proper Job in Your Lives’

Geee

farage-eu-know-none-ever-done-proper-job-livesFree Beacon:

One of the chief engineers of Britain’s landmark decision to leave the European Union caused an uproar at a special meeting of the EU Parliament on Tuesday to address the UK’s exit, drawing boos as he lambasted the body for failing to help British citizens while calling for both sides to move on and work together.

“Isn’t it funny? When I came here 17 years ago and I said that I wanted to lead a campaign to get Britain to leave the European Union, you all laughed at me. Well, I have to say, you’re not laughing now, are you?” said Nigel Farage, leader of the UK Independence Party.

Farage praised ordinary British citizens for pushing back against what he described as the elitist, establishment class of the EU, declaring, “We want our country back” and for Britain to be “an independent, self-governing, normal nation.”

The leader of Britan’s “Leave” movement lambasted members of the European Parliament, or MEPs, for being out of touch and for being career bureaucrats.

“I know that virtually none of you have ever done a proper job in your lives or worked in business or worked in trade or indeed ever created a job. But listen, just listen,” Farage said to a large chorus of boos. “You, as a political project, are in denial.”

Scissors-32x32.png