Send A Box Of Diapers To a Democrat In Congress

Draggingtree

Draggingtree

send-a-box-of-diapers-to-a-democrat-in-congress:
Send A Box Of Diapers To a Democrat In Congress

By Steve Berman | June 22, 2016, 10:03pm

College students all over America are being treated to the mother of all sit-ins, in which Democrats, in a fit of pique, are holding their breath until they turn blue or get their way with a gun control vote.

Having lost all momentum in the Senate, which did nothing at all, the unhappy Democrats are acting like college freshmen looking for a safe space after being told they don’t get to run things on campus. And to be sure, the Democrats are–literally, actually, and in fact–the minority party. That means they don’t get to dictate the floor agenda in the House of Representatives.

More than six hours after the sit-in began, Ryan said on CNN he would not schedule a vote on bills that have already been defeated in the Senate. “This is a publicity stunt,” Ryan said. “This isn’t trying to come up with a solution to a problem. This is trying to get attention.” Scissors-32x32.png

Draggingtree

Campus Comes To Congress

By ROD DREHERJune 23, 2016, 1:01 AM

I’m halfway around the world right now, and just checking in on news from back home. I see that Congressional Democrats are beclowning themselves:

Democrats, led by civil rights icon John Lewis, took control of the chamber Wednesday morning demanding a vote on gun control legislation. But Republicans are resisting, saying they don’t want to give in to such protest tactics.

The tension exploded onto the floor just after 10 p.m. ET when Republican Speaker Paul Ryan gaveled the chamber into order to hold a procedural vote on an unrelated matter. An extraordinary scene unfolded as throngs of Democrats — some holding signs with the names of victims of gun violence — remained in the House well chanting “no bill, no break” and “shame shame shame.” They also sang the protest anthem “We Shall Overcome.”

What cheap, disgusting theatrics. More: Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/campus-comes-to-congress/

Draggingtree
Tom DeLay: I Would've Filed Ethics Charges Over Sit-in

by Abby Livingston / June 24, 2016 / 163Comments

WASHINGTON — There was a jubilant, circus-like atmosphere outside of the U.S. House chamber on Thursday afternoon, as Democrats brought an end to their day-long "sit-in" over gun control. But one man walking past the bullhorns and cheers found the scene repellant.

It was former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay.

If the Sugar Land Republican were still running the show at the U.S. Capitol, he said, he would've had no mercy for the Democrats participating.

"I’m heartbroken. The destruction of dignity, decorum of the people’s House," he said. "That House doesn't belong to those members. It belongs to the people of the United States, and for them to desecrate it like they just did is beyond me Scissors-32x32.pnghttps://www.texastribune.org/2016/06/24/tom-delay-i-would-have-filed-ethics-charges-over-d/

Draggingtree
6/24/2016

Filed under: General — Dana @ 9:42 pm

[guest post by Dana]

This announcement couldn’t have come at a better time given it was made the day after the Democrats ended their embarrassing “No bill, no break” fundraising sit-in and on the heels of a little vote that didn’t go the way President Obama hoped-and warned- that it should. He could certainly use some good P.R. right about now.

President Barack Obama created the first national monument to gay rights on Friday, designating the site of the Stonewall riots in Manhattan where the modern gay rights movement took root nearly five decades ago.

The Stonewall National Monument will be anchored by Christopher Park, a small park just across from the iconic Stonewall Inn tavern, and covers a 7.7 acre swath of Greenwhich Village where the uprising took place after police raided the gay bar in 1969. Obama said the monument would “tell the story of our struggle for LGBT rights” and of a civil rights movement that became a part of America. Scissors-32x32.png http://patterico.com/2016/06/24/president-obamas-busy-day-after-democrats-end-fundraiser-sit-in-and-u-k-voters-say-no/