Syrian Member of Homeland Security Subcommittee on Countering Violent Extremism: 9/11 Changed the World for Good

Draggingtree

Draggingtree

syrian-member-of-homeland-security-subcommittee-on-countering-violent-extremism-911-changed-the-world-for-goodPatterico :

Filed under: General — Patterico @ 6:36 pm

Daily Caller:

One of the sitting members on the Homeland Security Advisory Council’s (HSAC) Subcommittee on Countering Violent Extremism is a 25-year-old immigrant of Syrian heritage who said that the 9/11 attacks “changed the world for good” and has consistently disparaged America, free speech and white people on social media.

Laila Alawa was one of just 15 people tapped to serve on the newly-formed HSAC Subcommittee on Countering Violent Extremism in 2015 — the same year she became an American citizen. Just last week, the subcommittee submitted a report to Department of Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson, recommending that the DHS avoid using Muslim terminology like the words “sharia” and “jihad” when discussing terrorism.

Here is the tweet in question:

9/11 changed the world for good, and there's no other way to say it. I just hope we keep having open conversations about our differences.

• Scissors-32x32.png

@Draggingtree

How much you want to bet dots can be connected back to CAIR Muslim Brotherhood?

9/11 changed the world for good, and there's no other way to say it.

Actually I agree, though not I suspect for the same reason. On Sept. 10 2001 how much did you know about Islamic Terrorism and its roots in Islam? If you are anything like me, the answer is nothing. In the last almost 15 years I've learned a great deal....so yes it was a good thing....that I wish had not happened.