Lt. Gen Michael Flynn (USA, ret) On “The Field Of Fight”

Valin

lt-gen-michael-flynn-usa-ret-field-fightHugh Hewitt Show:

Hugh Hewitt

June 6 2016

Lt. General Michael Flynn (USA, ret) joined me on the program today to discuss his upcoming new book The Field of Fight and the lack of focus on the war against radical Islam in campaign 2016:

Audio

(Snip)

HH: Well, thank you, General. I’ve been reading over the weekend Daniel Silva’s novelization of ISIS called The Black Widow. And I read Joby Warrick’s Black Flag book. He won the National Book Award. But I think The Field Of Fight is what’s really going to focus us on this. Are you as distraught as I am that the campaign is not looking at the cobra in our midst, which is jihadism?

MF: Yeah, well, I mean, I think we have a big problem, and I appreciate you talking about my book, The Field Of Fight. Really the purpose of the book is twofold. It’s one, to show that the type of war that’s being waged against us, it is in fact a world war at least through the eyes of the enemy that we are facing. And the second purpose is really how we can formulate a winning, truly a winning strategy, you know, because we can actually defeat this enemy. And I will tell you that I am livid at times, certainly highly irritated, because we are not talking about the real true national security issues that we do have on the plate that the next president is going to have to deal with. And frankly, you know, the individuals that are in the campaign on the Democratic side, you know, in Hillary Clinton’s case, she was part of the really lousy decisions that were made over the last nearly eight years. And we need fresh blood. We need fresh thinking, fresh ideas, and we need people who are honest with the American public going forward to defeat this enemy, who we are not allowed to call radical Islamists. I mean, in our government, we are just, literally, the government is not allowing us to actually call this enemy what they are, where under people like Ronald Reagan, under presidents like Ronald Reagan, we were actually calling out the communists. And thank God during World War II, we were able to call out the Nazis and the imperialists. Otherwise, we’d be praying at the altar of Adolf Hitler today had we not defeated them back only 75 years ago. So we are in a difficult spot. We have an enemy that is infiltrating inside of our country. We already know that the FBI director has already talked about all these different things that we’re doing in the various states of this country, and there’s just recently this reporting about more coming through our borders. And I could go on and on, Hugh, but we are, we have not defined this enemy the way they need to be defined. And we right now do not have a winning strategy, and that’s what The Field Of Fight is about.

(Snip)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Field of Fight: How We Can Win the Global War Against Radical Islam and Its Allies

Hardcover – July 12, 2016

by Michael T. Flynn (Author), Michael Ledeen (Author)

• Like 1

Also Related...

Counter-Terrorism: The Unwanted Cure

June 6, 2016: The West has had a hard time understanding and accepting the reality of Islamic terrorism. This has been a major problem when trying to deal with what appears to be a zombie death cult based on religious belief in the need for global conquest and the establishment of a worldwide religious dictatorship. The few non-Moslems who understand it, mainly experienced members of the U.S. Army Special Forces, have long been dismissed as, well, unbelievable by Western leaders. This despite the fact that the thousands of Special Forces operators who speak Arabic and have practical, up close and very dangerous experience with Islamic terrorism not only know the language and culture but also the history of Islam and religious fanatics this faith regularly produces. The solution widely accepted by knowledgeable outsiders (like Special Forces) and insiders (including many Moslem historians and reform-minded rulers) is that it is an internal problem that must be fixed via the Moslem equivalent of the Christian reformation and subsequent treaties and cultural shifts that made religious tolerance a widely accepted practice. This greatly reduced the number of Christian religious zealots. That will be difficult for Islam because it is the only major religion whose scriptures demand blind obedience and constant struggle (“jihad”) against infidels (non-Moslems) and Moslems who want a reformation.

(Snip)