U.S. government spent $1 million to determine if cheerleaders are more attractive in a squad

Geee

us-government-spent-1-million-to-determine-if-cheeWashington Times:

The U.S. government spent more than $1 million in taxpayer dollars to study the question of whether cheerleaders appear more attractive when they are grouped together in a squad.

That’s just one of “Twenty Questions Government Studies That Will Leave You Scratching Your Head,” according to a recent report from the office of Sen. Jeff Flake, Arizona Republican.

Another head-scratching study, Mr. Flake’s office noted, was one by the Department of Defense which asked, “Why does walking with coffee cause it to spill?” The price tag was $172,000, just a couple thousand shy of the base salary for a U.S. senator.

In his report, Mr. Flake contrasted the 20 studies he argues are dubious with 20 questions that he believes government bureaucrats should ask prior to funding a scientific study in order to prioritize spending and maximize benefit to the American taxpayer. “Will the proposed study enhance technology?” or “Will it improve our national defense?” for example.Scissors-32x32.png

clearvision

Wait! They had to pay someone to do a study of cheerleaders looking better in a squad?

Wait! They had to pay someone to do a study of cheerleaders looking better in a squad?

I know, I know - you would have done it for nothingwink.png and @Valin would have paid someone to be able to do it tongue.png

• Like 1

I know, I know - you would have done it for nothingwink.png and @Valin would have paid someone to be able to do it tongue.png

Nothing? unsure.png I don't know, I'm thinking I'd want minimum of $45,000 a year.

I'm easy but I'm not cheap.