Paul Ryan: Donald Trump can help make reality of bold House policy agenda

Draggingtree

Draggingtree

paul_ryan_donald_trump_can_help_make_reality_of_bold_house_policy_agenda:

Rep. Paul Ryan

Thursday, June 2, 2016

When Donald Trump became the Republican Party’s presumptive nominee for president one month ago, many Republicans like me faced a big question.

Six months earlier, in October, as I was taking the job as House speaker, my colleagues and I were discussing an equally important question: What could House Republicans do to give Americans a clear choice about the future of the country?

Sure, count us among the majority of Americans upset with the direction our country is headed. But that’s not enough. We agreed that we must focus less on what we’re against and more on what we’re for. So, long before we knew who our nominee would be, we decided we would present the country a policy agenda that offers a better way forward. We know what we believe in, so let’s bring it to the country.

That’s how I’ve always looked at it. I’ve spent most of my adult life pursuing ways to help protect the “American Idea”— Scissors-32x32.png

Draggingtree
And there it is: Paul Ryan says he’ll vote for Trump POSTED AT 4:01 PM ON JUNE 2, 2016 BY ALLAHPUNDIT

This appeared online this afternoon just a few minutes after Hillary launched into her big speech, carried live on cable news, attacking Trump on foreign policy. Is it a “news dump,” designed to hide Ryan’s statement of support for Trump amid the coverage of her event, or is it an attempt to starve her event of coverage by giving the media a “Ryan backs Trump!” headline instead? Scissors-32x32.png

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/06/02/and-there-it-is-paul-ryan-says-hell-vote-for-trump/

Just went over to TOS. Consensus there is Paul Ryan is stil a bad terrible evil wicked person, and not a Real conservative.

Ryan previews 'A Better Way' GOP agenda

Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) on Friday previewed the House GOP’s much-anticipated, election-year agenda — the first pieces of which will be rolled out next week.

Dubbed “A Better Way,” the new agenda will cover six policy areas: poverty, tax reform, national security, healthcare, cutting regulations and restoring constitutional authority.

“Let's face it. People know what Republicans are against. Now we're going to give you a plan that shows you what we are for,” Ryan said in this weekend’s GOP address, which was released a day early.

“Our ambition is a confident America where everybody has the chance to go out and succeed no matter where they started in life. That is the American idea,” he continued.

“We can get angry, and we can stay angry, or we can channel that anger into action.”

The video comes just a day after Ryan officially endorsed Donald Trump for president, marking the end of a strange saga in which the highest-ranking Republican official had refused to get behind the party’s presumptive nominee.

Ryan has spent months talking about the House’s agenda, arguing that Republicans need a party platform that illustrates how exactly they are different from Democrats on key policy issues.

After several discussions and one meeting with Trump, the Speaker has said he’s received assurances from Trump he’d turn many of the House GOP’s policy priorities into law.

Each week for the next three weeks, Ryan’s House task forces will roll out two new policy pieces for a total of six. Republicans will begin with poverty.Scissors-32x32.png

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/282094-ryan-previews-a-better-way-gop-agenda

• Like 1

paul_ryan_donald_trump_can_help_make_reality_of_bold_house_policy_agenda:

Rep. Paul Ryan

Thursday, June 2, 2016

When Donald Trump became the Republican Party’s presumptive nominee for president one month ago, many Republicans like me faced a big question.

Six months earlier, in October, as I was taking the job as House speaker, my colleagues and I were discussing an equally important question: What could House Republicans do to give Americans a clear choice about the future of the country?

Sure, count us among the majority of Americans upset with the direction our country is headed. But that’s not enough. We agreed that we must focus less on what we’re against and more on what we’re for. So, long before we knew who our nominee would be, we decided we would present the country a policy agenda that offers a better way forward. We know what we believe in, so let’s bring it to the country.

That’s how I’ve always looked at it. I’ve spent most of my adult life pursuing ways to help protect the “American Idea”— Scissors-32x32.png

My make your head hurt....Bad

TOS

• Like 1

Paul Ryan's endorsement doesn't apply to everything Donald Trump says

House Speaker Paul Ryan is the latest to call Donald Trump out for his rhetoric against a federal judge, just one day after Ryan endorsed him.

Ryan told WISN in Milwaukee, "Look, the comment about the judge the other day just was out of left field for my mind. ... I completely disagree with the thinking behind that."

Trump told The Wall Street Journal the judge in the lawsuit against him over Trump University has "an absolute conflict" of interest because of his "Mexican heritage."

Those comments have brought Trump criticism from both sides of the political spectrum.Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.aol.com/article/2016/06/03/paul-ryans-endorsement-doesnt-apply-to-everything-donald-trum/21389201/

• Like 2