SHAKING IN MY WORK BOOTS

Draggingtree

Draggingtree
www.journal14.comTHE WALL STREET JOURNAL: Shaking in my work boots

Posted by Editor on

31 May 2016, 8:34 pm

From The Wall Street Journal:

Donald Trump Warns Republicans Who Don’t Support Him Presumptive GOP nominee says he has given $5.6 million to veterans organizations

By Reid J. Epstein | Updated May 31, 2016 1:14 p.m. ET

Donald Trump said Tuesday he would continue to attack fellow Republicans who don’t endorse his presidential campaign, adding to his difficulties uniting elites in the party he now leads.

Speaking at a news conference in New York, which came after reports in several news outlets that Mr. Trump hadn’t delivered on the $6 million he repeatedly said would be donated to veterans groups, he touted giving $5.6 million to veterans organizations. The GOP standard-bearer in the same breath insisted the party is unifying behind him and signaled he will be harsh with Republicans not backing his campaign.

“The real story is how fast we’re getting together,” Mr. Trump said. “Now, if I have a Republican that is not on my side, I’m not going to…why should I be particularly nice to that person?” Scissors-32x32.png

Draggingtree
Damn Them For That

By Erick Erickson | June 4, 2016, 01:07pm

“The leaders of the party, confronted by Todd Akin, abandoned ship for his stupid statements on rape and abortion. But the Party of Lincoln intends to circle the wagons around a racist. Damn them for that.

I am a talk radio host. I am a political commentator. I am a writer. I was once a lawyer and once an elected official. I have always voted Republican. I have tried my best at times to justify those things I thought I could justify or ignore those things that should be ignored in the spirit of helping my team and my side. But I have met the proverbial bridge too far with Donald Trump and I am ashamed and horrified at friends of mine and party leaders who will look the other way to justify Donald Trump.

But not only that, we are now seeing an American political press joining in as well to avoid calling racism, racism. The American political press has not been slow to call things racist and whip up racist sentiment. The American political press whipped people into a frenzy over Ferguson and Baltimore and Trayvon Martin. We saw press outlets altering or distorting 911 audio to make it sound like words were said that were not said. We had the national press play up aspects of Ferguson to shape opinion while ignoring other aspects. We saw the same with Baltimore. Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://theresurgent.com/damn-them-for-that/