Thoughts from the ammo line

Valin

thoughts-from-the-ammo-line-116.phpPower Line:

Scott Johnson

May 20 2016

Ammo Grrrll is thinking about BANANAS! She writes:

In the 1971 Woody Allen comedy Bananas Woody plays a nebbish (Fielding Mellish) who becomes a revolutionary in a fictional Central American banana republic called San Marcos. The revolution succeeds. Woohoo! The old order is overthrown and the Castro-like character in fatigues, whom Fielding supports, assumes power.

At which point it becomes apparent that the incoming dictator is, in fact, “bananas.” The new dictator announces that everyone will be required to wear his or her underwear on the outside, the better to check whether the citizens are changing underwear every half hour as ordered, and that the official language will be Swedish. Fielding asks a comrade, “What’s the Spanish word for straightjacket?” The comrade comments “Power has driven him mad.”

And so, in a spectacular example of Life imitating Art, we see the Great Revolutionary Obama, lowerer of oceans, healer of the planet, telling the ones who have been waiting for themselves (itself a neat trick), that his legacy is going to be mandating that pretend females will have access to all real females’ bathrooms, showers and locker rooms. No matter how young and vulnerable the girls, pretend females with various dangly bits will be allowed next to them.

Can Swedish be far behind? (Someone will have to continue speaking it after Stockholm turns into a cold Mecca.)

(Snip)

Way back in ’70s San Francisco, I threw a crazy man in lipstick, a beard, and Elizabethan robes out of the ladies room in a bar on Castro Street. He was quite indignant and screamed, “You’re just jealous because I am more of a woman than you are!” He was mistaken. Also weaker, though the element of surprise played a key role. Today I would have been arrested. Fundamental transformation. You gotta love it. And you gotta love Big Brother. Even if he is wearing an evening gown.

God Bless and prosper North Carolina. Let every Red State in America join them in saying, “No. Not with our daughters you don’t. Men can pretend to be women all day long if it floats their boat. But they are not coming into our women’s restrooms.” Show this petty tyrant what an actual Red Line is. North Carolina: if you win, I may take up smoking again in gratitude.