Economic Growth Policies and the Construction Industry in North and East Texas

Geee

economic-growth-policies-and-the-construction-industry-in-north-and-east-texas-n2160578Townhall:

There is a saying in Texas, “I wasn’t born in Texas, but I got here as quick as I could.” That phenomena of population growth can certainly be evidenced in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. With a population boom comes increases in economic growth and expansion affecting other sectors of development. We have seen in Texas how economic growth policies can attract businesses and corporations. That results in greater demands placed upon a particular industry, particularly the construction component.

Recently, businesses such as Toyota, Liberty Mutual, State Farm, 7-Eleven, Kubota, and JP Morgan Chase have decided to relocate to Dallas-Fort Worth from outside Texas. With these major companies, there are also a plethora of small businesses -- some multi-generational and other franchises that are part of the domino effect resulting from the larger company relocations. We have seen a major population influx from both the West Coast and Northeast. There is no debate that when you look at states with pro-growth economic policies, the free market pays attention, and business decisions are based upon states and regions providing the best growth opportunities and incentives.Scissors-32x32.png