Which Donald Trump Did Republicans Just Hand The Nomination To?

Geee

which-donald-trump-did-republicans-just-hand-the-nomination-toInvestors Business Daily:

Election 2016: With Donald Trump now the certain nominee, Republicans have managed to pick the least reliably conservative candidate out of a field that started with some of the most experienced, dedicated and successful conservatives ever to have thrown their hats into the ring. And they’ve done so largely because the GOP “establishment” kept dropping the ball on conservative priorities. Go figure.

That Trump is not a conservative should be obvious by now to anyone who hasn’t been drinking Trump Kool-Aid for the past 10 months.

Just a few days ago, Trump claimed that “I’m a conservative,” and then went on to say “but at this point, who cares? We got to straighten out the country.”

Who cares? Isn’t the point he should be making that conservative policies are what’s needed to straighten out the country? If not, what is he espousing?

It is true that Trump routinely describes himself as “really, very conservative,” and the “most conservative person in the world.” But whenever he talks about specific policies, Trump almost invariably veers left.Scissors-32x32.png

In reversal, Trump expresses openness to raising minimum wage

In a reversal, Donald Trump expressed openness to raising the federal minimum wage during an interview on Wednesday.

“I'm looking at that, I'm very different from most Republicans,” the presumptive GOP presidential nominee told CNN Wednesday about the prospect of increasing wages.

“You have to have something you can live on. But what I 'm really looking to do is get people great jobs so they make much more money than that, much more money than the $15.”

The federal minimum wage is $7.25, but labor groups have been pushing for it to be raised to $15.

During a November debate, Trump voiced opposition to raising the minimum wage.

“I hate to say it, but we have to leave it the way it is,” he said during the debate.

During a November appearance on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” Trump said the current minimum wage is too high and was slowing job growth.

"We have to become competitive with the world. Our taxes are too high, our wages are too high, everything is too high,” he said. “What's going to happen is now people are going to start firing people.”Scissors-32x32.png

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/278778-trump-expresses-openness-to-raising-minimum-wage

mozartlover

"I'm very different from most Republicans"

Finally, he says something I can agree with.

IT’S NOT ON ME

Scissors-32x32.pngI’m not saying that those who decide differently from me are certainly wrong in their political calculus; we are assigning different values to variables in the same equation. I can’t blame someone for supporting Donald “Big Hands” Trump because the vision of a President Hillary Clinton, or a Supreme Court packed with Hillary’s appointees, is too horrific to allow. It surely is.

But casting my ballot for a man whose principles I cannot confidently determine, much less share, whose policy positions I find on a range between silly and repugnant, and who I believe is doing great harm to the country and the party he aims to lead, is not something I can live with. I did not help nominate him and the burden of gaining my support, the burden of unifying the party and the people, is, as Paul Ryan correctly noted, on Mr. Trump himself.

If, for example, Trump reverses his position on free trade and deporting 11 million people, and stops his mindless rambling about buying back federal debt for less than par and encouraging more nations to acquire nuclear weapons, that would be a good start toward opening my mind to his candidacy; those policy areas demonstrate complete ignorance of the real world, a sort of ignorance that is neither cute nor brave but could cause incredible turmoil for the global economy and stability without any corresponding benefit for the United States.Scissors-32x32.png

http://spectator.org/articles/66226/it%E2%80%99s-not-me

• Like 2

THEY GO BACK A WAYS: THE PARTY OF RYAN OR THE PARTY OF TRUMP REVISITED

Scissors-32x32.png“Now it is entirely possible that neither Donald Trump nor Paul Ryan will present themselves as a candidate for President of the United States. Yet both men represent a diametrically opposed approach as to how to unseat a Democratic President. While Trump is content merely to disparage President Obama (and for that matter any other Republican not named Trump) and provide easy answers to complicated questions, Ryan has a proven record of putting forward viable conservative public policy alternatives and isn’t afraid to tell people the answers to even the simplest of questions aren’t always easy. Next year, Republicans will have to decide if we are the Party of Ryan or the Party of Trump.”Scissors-32x32.png

Scissors-32x32.pngBut I knew full well it would not be the last time that Ryan would feel the need to speak out where it concerned Trump. While I’m sure there’s no love lost between Ryan and Ted Cruz, any reasonable person must take pause when only hours before becoming the presumptive Republican nominee, Trump mused loudly about Cruz’s father being associated with Lee Harvey Oswald. Paul Ryan is the only person standing between the Republican Party from turning from party built on conservative theory to a party built on conspiracy theory.

As such, the primary challenge against Ryan launched by businessman and Trump supporter Paul Nehlen looms very, very large. Sarah Palin has now publicly backed Nehlen and has vowed that Ryan will be “Cantored.” As significant as Eric Cantor’s primary defeat was in 2014, a Ryan primary loss would be far more significant. Should Ryan be defeated in the primary then the Republican Party will have become The Party of Trump. The Republican Party will cease to be the Party of Lincoln and Reagan.

However, I think Ryan will prevail. If you recall, Wisconsin Republicans were less than impressed with Palin’s efforts on behalf of Trump nor was conservative talk radio in the Badger state impressed with Trump. Wisconsin has been a voice of reason and I don’t believe it will take leave of its senses now.Scissors-32x32.png

• Like 1

THEY GO BACK A WAYS: THE PARTY OF RYAN OR THE PARTY OF TRUMP REVISITED

Scissors-32x32.png“Now it is entirely possible that neither Donald Trump nor Paul Ryan will present themselves as a candidate for President of the United States. Yet both men represent a diametrically opposed approach as to how to unseat a Democratic President. While Trump is content merely to disparage President Obama (and for that matter any other Republican not named Trump) and provide easy answers to complicated questions, Ryan has a proven record of putting forward viable conservative public policy alternatives and isn’t afraid to tell people the answers to even the simplest of questions aren’t always easy. Next year, Republicans will have to decide if we are the Party of Ryan or the Party of Trump.”Scissors-32x32.png

Scissors-32x32.pngBut I knew full well it would not be the last time that Ryan would feel the need to speak out where it concerned Trump. While I’m sure there’s no love lost between Ryan and Ted Cruz, any reasonable person must take pause when only hours before becoming the presumptive Republican nominee, Trump mused loudly about Cruz’s father being associated with Lee Harvey Oswald. Paul Ryan is the only person standing between the Republican Party from turning from party built on conservative theory to a party built on conspiracy theory.

As such, the primary challenge against Ryan launched by businessman and Trump supporter Paul Nehlen looms very, very large. Sarah Palin has now publicly backed Nehlen and has vowed that Ryan will be “Cantored.” As significant as Eric Cantor’s primary defeat was in 2014, a Ryan primary loss would be far more significant. Should Ryan be defeated in the primary then the Republican Party will have become The Party of Trump. The Republican Party will cease to be the Party of Lincoln and Reagan.

However, I think Ryan will prevail. If you recall, Wisconsin Republicans were less than impressed with Palin’s efforts on behalf of Trump nor was conservative talk radio in the Badger state impressed with Trump. Wisconsin has been a voice of reason and I don’t believe it will take leave of its senses now.Scissors-32x32.png

URL Added.

IT’S NOT ON ME

Scissors-32x32.pngI’m not saying that those who decide differently from me are certainly wrong in their political calculus; we are assigning different values to variables in the same equation. I can’t blame someone for supporting Donald “Big Hands” Trump because the vision of a President Hillary Clinton, or a Supreme Court packed with Hillary’s appointees, is too horrific to allow. It surely is.

But casting my ballot for a man whose principles I cannot confidently determine, much less share, whose policy positions I find on a range between silly and repugnant, and who I believe is doing great harm to the country and the party he aims to lead, is not something I can live with. I did not help nominate him and the burden of gaining my support, the burden of unifying the party and the people, is, as Paul Ryan correctly noted, on Mr. Trump himself.

If, for example, Trump reverses his position on free trade and deporting 11 million people, and stops his mindless rambling about buying back federal debt for less than par and encouraging more nations to acquire nuclear weapons, that would be a good start toward opening my mind to his candidacy; those policy areas demonstrate complete ignorance of the real world, a sort of ignorance that is neither cute nor brave but could cause incredible turmoil for the global economy and stability without any corresponding benefit for the United States.Scissors-32x32.png

http://spectator.org/articles/66226/it%E2%80%99s-not-me

Who will be blamed for a Donald Trump defeat?

Already hearing this talk. I guess unless you're really really excreted excited about DT it means you want Hillary to win.