Kasich: Seriously, you guys, I can win this

NCTexan

51ZoSAUvpUL._SX334_BO1,204,203,200_.jpgCBS NEWS:

Despite a third place finish in Indiana's Republican Primary on Tuesday, Ohio Governor John Kasich is vowing to continue his campaign "as long as it remains possible."

In a memo, Kasich's senior strategist John Weaver asserted that Kasich will remain in the race, offering Republican voters "a clear choice for our country" unless Donald Trump garners 1,237 bound delegates before the Republican convention in Kasich's home state of Ohio. And pushing back on RNC Chairman Priebus' statement that frontrunner Donald Trump is the likely nominee, Weaver argued that "there is no presumptive nominee" until a candidate reaches that delegate threshold.

Scissors-32x32.png

======================

Shortly after the interview, Kasich added that if for some reason the President thing didn't work out... he felt that he was a shoe-in for the quarterback position on the Cleveland Browns now that Johnny Manzel is out of the picture. He reminded the reporters again that he was uniquely qualified since he was from Ohio.

• Like 1

He must have taking my hint on self help reading....

CNN

Sources: John Kasich to drop out

(CNN)John Kasich is dropping out of the Republican presidential race, two sources familiar with the plan confirmed to CNN.

Kasich's decision came after he improbably became the last challenger to Donald Trump, who emerged as the presumptive GOP nominee Tuesday night when Ted Cruz dropped out.

Even before winning his home state of Ohio in March, Kasich was facing pressure to get out of the race, with no clear path to victory. His campaign never became more than a spoiler run, designed to keep Trump from getting the 1,237 delegates needed to win the nomination before a contested convention.

Scissors-32x32.png

• Like 1

SrWoodchuck

51ZoSAUvpUL._SX334_BO1,204,203,200_.jpgCBS NEWS:

Despite a third place finish in Indiana's Republican Primary on Tuesday, Ohio Governor John Kasich is vowing to continue his campaign "as long as it remains possible."

In a memo, Kasich's senior strategist John Weaver asserted that Kasich will remain in the race, offering Republican voters "a clear choice for our country" unless Donald Trump garners 1,237 bound delegates before the Republican convention in Kasich's home state of Ohio. And pushing back on RNC Chairman Priebus' statement that frontrunner Donald Trump is the likely nominee, Weaver argued that "there is no presumptive nominee" until a candidate reaches that delegate threshold.

Scissors-32x32.png

======================

Shortly after the interview, Kasich added that if for some reason the President thing didn't work out... he felt that he was a shoe-in for the quarterback position on the Cleveland Browns now that Johnny Manzel is out of the picture. He reminded the reporters again that he was uniquely qualified since he was from Ohio.

@NCTexan! I think he'd probably get as much playing time as Manzel...and do almost as well. They both have great opinions....of themselves. I was never so glad as when the Broncos didn't "reach out" to Manzel.

• Like 1