Obama: 'We Are Fortunate to Be Living in the Most Peaceful...Era in Human History'

Geee

obama-we-are-fortunate-be-living-most-peacefulera-human-historyCNS News:

(CNSNews.com) - President Obama, speaking in Germany on Monday, said we're fortunate to be living in a peaceful time:

"I want to begin with an observation that, given the challenges that we face in the world and the headlines we see every day, may seem improbable but it's true. We are fortuate to be living in the most peaceful, most prosperous, most progressive era in human history.

"That may surprise young people who's are watching TV or looking at your phones, and it seems like only bad news comes through every day, but consider it's been decades since the last war between major powers."

In the same speech, the president warned against complacency, as "dangerous forces" threaten to take the world backward.Scissors-32x32.png

@clearvision - I don't know, maybe being a narcissist is a qualification for office if you are a Dem:

In Restoring Felons' Voting Rights, McAuliffe Compares Himself to Lincoln Freeing the Slaves

(CNSNews.com) - "Nobody should be surprised" that Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe issued an executive order restoring the voting rights of more than 200,000 convicted felons who have served their time, McAuliffe told

ABC's "This Week" on Sunday.

"This is something I campaigned on and I've been working for the restoration rights for the last two years as governor," he said. "I have already restored the rights of 18,000 individuals, more than my past seven governors combined."

McAuliffe said "second chances matter," and "everybody ought to have a second chance" once they've completed probation or parole and they're back in society, working and paying taxes.Scissors-32x32.png

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/restoring-ex-cons-voting-rights-mcauliffe-compares-himself-lincoln-freeing