Black Republican Harriet Tubman to replace Jackson on $20 bill

Geee

www.breitbart.comBrietbart:

WASHINGTON (AP) — Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew has decided to put Harriet Tubman on the $20 bill, making her the first woman on U.S. paper currency in 100 years, a Treasury official said Wednesday.

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity in advance of Lew’s official announcement, said that the 19th century abolitionist and a leader of the Underground Railroad, would replace the portrait of Andrew Jackson, the nation’s seventh president.

Lew’s announcement is expected to provide details on other changes being made to the $20, $10 and $5 bills.

The decision to place Tubman’s portrait on the $20 likely means that Lew has decided to keep Alexander Hamilton on the $10 bill, a victory for those who had opposed his initial plan to remove Hamilton.Scissors-32x32.png

• Like 2

righteousmomma

Tubman is a good choice - appeases all - conservative blacks and liberal blacks. I heard this will take a decade to come to fruition.

I am glad they kept Hamilton. He is, after all the founder of the US's financial system.

Andrew Jackson has fallen out of favor these days and you all know the main 2 reasons without me saying any more. Wonder if the Demorats who oppose him now, especially the blacks, know he is considered founder of the Democrat party.

• Like 4

WestVirginiaRebel

"Black Republican Harriet Tubman?"huh.png

Jackson probably wouldn't have wanted to be on our money anyway, but why not John Adams, who was opposed to slavery from the start, or Frederick Douglass?

• Like 2

SrWoodchuck

Why not Crispus Attucks? First casualty of the American Revolution at the Boston Massacre.

I knew that Jackson was gone in this historical revisionist,hysterical anti-Southern, PC time of America. All history must now be viewed in the proper Progressive rose-colored spectacles...and when viewing through these enlightened way-back goggles...any historical fact may be endlessly altered to fit the narrative of today.

Why teach the History of Western Civilization when it's politically incorrect, on the way out & gauche...according to those that matter?

BTW: Hamilton was looked down on by many white Europeans of his time. He was from the Caribbean & naturally dark-skinned. Many thought him a mulatto...even though he was French/Scottish. If he'd gone to Louisiana instead of New England, he would have been called Creole.

• Like 2

"Black Republican Harriet Tubman?"huh.png

Jackson probably wouldn't have wanted to be on our money anyway, but why not John Adams, who was opposed to slavery from the start, or Frederick Douglass?

Obviously they were looking for a woman.

Draggingtree

Jackson, not Hamilton, to be Replaced on US Currency

20 HOURS AGO Ryan McMaken

In a move that will be unsurprising to cynics everywhere, the US treasury has announced that Andrew Jackson, and not Alexander Hamilton, will be replaced by Harriet Tubman.

Alexander Hamilton, the father of American central banking, protectionism, and government meddling in economic affairs, is just too beloved by the Washington establishment to have his place of honor on the ten-dollar bill revoked. Hamilton was opposed by Jefferson at most every turn during the Washington administration.

But Washington, who was something of a simpleton when it came to complex policy matters, viewed Hamilton in a fatherly way and usually deferred to whatever Hamilton wanted, at the expense of the Jeffersonian camp. Hamilton's influence extended right down to encouraging military action against peaceful American citizens in the case of the Whiskey Rebellion. Basically, Hamilton was the spiritual father to Janet Reno, A. Mitchell Palmer, J. Edgar Hoover, and every other federal thug who has seen fit to crush dissenting Americans. Scissors-32x32.png

https://mises.org/blog/jackson-not-hamilton-be-replaced-us-currency

Draggingtree
4/20/2016

Filed under: General — Patterico @ 6:34 pm

Mrs. P. and I have a saying we like to use on each other: “That would have been more impressive if you had said it earlier.” We use it when one of us claims to have thought something that later turns out to be kind of amazing.

Mrs. P. said it to me today. I said that, months ago, I rooted for Andrew Jackson, and not Alexander Hamilton, to get kicked off U.S. currency. (And my view had nothing to do with a hit Broadway musical, either.) What’s more, I was actually rooting for Harriet Tubman to be on the new $20 bill. Which, as it turns out, will be happening (as early as 2030! your federal government at work!).

The Jackson aspect was obvious. While I’m not a big fan of Hamilton, I’m even more annoyed by the presence of Andrew Jackson — a virtually illiterate, nasty, prideful, vindictive, Trump-like figure who was behind the Trail of Tears. A military hero, to be sure (unlike Trump), but otherwise a contemptible human being in many ways. Scissors-32x32.png

http://patterico.com/2016/04/20/out-trail-of-tears-architect-in-underground-railroad-heroine/

While we're all into appeasing the Dem base... Let's go ahead and pay homage to The One.

I propose putting Obama on a coin... the new US Half-Cent. Everyone know that a penny is worthless and he's that by half.

obama_head_half_cent.jpg

• Like 4

SrWoodchuck

While we're all into appeasing the Dem base... Let's go ahead and pay homage to The One.

I propose putting Obama on a coin... the new US Half-Cent. Everyone know that a penny is worthless and he's that by half.

obama_head_half_cent.jpg

@NCTexan!

He'd be good on the $3 bill...or the $13. Maybe on the One Quatrillion Note...as that's where we'll be left after he slinks away.

original.jpg?w=600&h

original.jpg?w=600&h

BTW: Marty (MLK) will be on the $5 bill on the reverse side of Lincoln. Marty will replace the Lincoln Memorial...as it's just a monument to a another...never mind.

BTW: Harriet always had a gun & a sword nearby. This pic from WeaselZippers.blog:

http://www.weaselzippers.us/267845-trump-calls-putting-harriet-tubman-on-20-bill-pure-political-correctness/

Screen-Shot-2016-04-21-at-10.32.02-AM.pn

harrietrosstubman.jpg

Draggingtree

Dishonoring General Jackson

Dishonoring-General-Jackson-2-700x245.jp

In Samuel Eliot Morison’s “The Oxford History of the American People,” there is a single sentence about Harriet Tubman.

“An illiterate field hand, (Tubman) not only escaped herself but returned repeatedly and guided more than 300 slaves to freedom.”

Morison, however, devotes most of five chapters to the greatest soldier-statesman in American history, save Washington, that pivotal figure between the Founding Fathers and the Civil War — Andrew Jackson.

• Like 1

Draggingtree
Drunk History: Harriet Tubman Leads an Army of Bad B*tches

Posted by Kemberlee Kaye Wednesday, April 20, 2016 at 9:00pm

“She was dope as hell”

Harriet Tubman was a badass. And if things go as planned, she’ll be gracing the front of our $20 bills in about ten years or so.

In honor of Tubman’s accension to currency, I present to you Drunk History’s recounting of Harriet Tubman, Union spy.

If you’re not familiar with Drunk History, it’s a show where the hosts du jour get plastered, tell a very particular historical tale, and then that tale is acted out by comedians and other well known Hollywood types. Politically correct it is not, because really, who’s PC when plastered?

As luck would have it, this is one of my favorite installments of Drunk History. (WARNING — language): Scissors-32x32.png http://legalinsurrection.com/2016/04/drunk-history-harriet-tubman-leads-an-army-of-bad-btches/