What Does John Kasich Think He’s Doing?

Geee

what-does-john-kasich-think-hes-doing:

When John Kasich departs this earthly vale of tears, he ought to donate his brain to science. It could teach us a lot about irrational thinking.

The Ohio governor has won a single state: his own. He has 143 delegates. That puts him fourth in the count behind Donald Trump, Ted Cruz, and Marco Rubio—who is no longer a candidate.

To win the nomination on the first ballot of the Republican convention, Kasich would have to win 138 percent of the remaining delegates. This is impossible. Even a politician should be able to do that math.

To win on the second ballot, Kasich would have to outmaneuver Ted Cruz and his impressive delegate operation. That seems, let us say, beyond implausible.Scissors-32x32.png

SrWoodchuck

Sweet @Geee!

1.) He is executing a strategy of containment of Cruz/Trump...desired by the GOPe & funded by Soros to create chaos.

2.) He is positioning himself to be the RNC conventions "deal maker/breaker" and possibly grab up a VP slot.

Sweet @Geee! Kasich running as a Dem!

As A Dem? Only the nutter wing of the conservative movement would by that. Here's the thing, what did he say that reasonable people on the right would object to?

SrWoodchuck

Sweet @Geee! Kasich running as a Dem!

As A Dem? Only the nutter wing of the conservative movement would by that. Here's the thing, what did he say that reasonable people on the right would object to?

Hey @Valin. Stuff your nutter wing crap. If you can rip Trump for all his many stupid outbursts, you can accept that Kasich...who has no possibility of getting enough delegates, couldn't even completely win his own state, has less delegates than Rubio, is financed by Soros, praised by Bill Clinton for his stance on arms control, pushed Obamacare down the throats of Ohioans and is only hanging in to fu-uh the outsiders of the RNC for the GOPe, or broker a VP slot...is an effing Repub in name only. I post for the informational value of Kasich equating his stance as between Killary & the Commie. Only you would think it has no significance. The many liberal/establishment GOPe polls that predict Kasich as the only viable opposition to Killary; are an attempt to put a straw man up to be defeated for the 3rd presidential election. Maybe you're in the nutter wing of the establishment GOPe (professional politicians) that only vaguely act like the R or the D behind their name?

@SrWoodchuck

2 words........Your Mama.

1. You want to do a flame war...I'm your huckleberry

2.. My mother has a better chance of winning the nomination than John Kasich

3. People that constantly use the terms GOPe The Establishment are rapidly becoming a good working definition of the word Nutter.

SrWoodchuck

@Valin

1.) This is no flame war & you're no huckleberry.

2.) I'd vote for your mother over Kasich or Trump.

3.) Anyone not agreeing with your ideas, or outside the realm of your perfectly ordered universe is liable to be called a nutter by you. This forum is supposed to be for an exchange of ideas...not a strictly enforced fiat of @Valin's guideline for perfect living. I disagree with you over some things & agree with you on some things. I do not deserve to be put into a category of nutter...due to some sarcastic snit of yours. Ad hominem attacks are the MO of progressives. Maybe you need to lift your head from that dumpster diving?

@Valin

3.) Anyone not agreeing with your ideas, or outside the realm of your perfectly ordered universe is liable to be called a nutter by you. This forum is supposed to be for an exchange of ideas...not a strictly enforced fiat of @Valin's guideline for perfect living. I disagree with you over some things & agree with you on some things. I do not deserve to be put into a category of nutter...due to some sarcastic snit of yours. Ad hominem attacks are the MO of progressives. Maybe you need to lift your head from that dumpster diving?

Here is the problem I have...Waaaay to many people on our side think (and I use that word in its loosest sense) that anyone to the Left of them is The Enemy, and should be driven out into the wilderness. John Kasich is a center right Republican, that does not make him the enemy.

And speaking of ad hominem attacks...looked into the mirror lately? I refer to your attacks on Marco Rubio....and others I could name. You might find a better home at FR with that kind of stuff.

SrWoodchuck

@Valin

Here is the problem I have...Waaaay to many people on our side think (and I use that word in its loosest sense) that anyone to the Left of them is The Enemy, and should be driven out into the wilderness. John Kasich is a center right Republican, that does not make him the enemy.

And speaking of ad hominem attacks...looked into the mirror lately? I refer to your attacks on Marco Rubio....and others I could name. You might find a better home at FR with that kind of stuff.

If we are a free forum...I reserve the right to post interesting things that you may not agree with.

My first tagline was created for you.

Seriously? I can't remember what ad hominem attacks I made on Marco Rubio, but he's a politician & public figure, and as I said above, I post what interests me, and what I think others might find interesting. You post your snide remarks anytime someone breaks one of your stodgy rules. I take exception to that...and will return the favor. I don't fit into your pre-concieved notion of how the world is supposed to flow...and that's OK. Like I said, I agree with you some of the time & other times I don't. I respect your intellect & knowledge, and usually don't hold what you say against you. I like black humor & sarcasm. Not as a steady diet, but I think you'll find that I respond in kind.

BTW: I can't help it if a "center-right" Republican resembles a Democrat. Not my fault.

BTW#2: If no one complains that "center right" is actually now left...it'll take more than 80 years to get back to a true Republic. It begins with one voice crying in the wilderness, "You're wrong, you peckerwoods!"

If no one acknowledges the problem & makes sure someone knows that they're definitely NOT all right with it...how will it ever begin to change?

Like Islamophobia isn't wrong; if they really want to kill you...I have Establishmentophobia.

I don't goosestep, protest, carry a flag with a red star & want you to die if you won't do what I want you to...I speak my mind...such as it is.

SrWoodchuck

@SrWoodchuck

Seriously? I can't remember what ad hominem attacks I made on Marco Rubio

19 March 2016 - 03:08 PM Being The Latest.

I can't help it if a "center-right" Republican resembles a Democrat. Not my fault.

JimRob Agrees.

Maybe you have a stunted satire gland...and are unable to recognize it when you see it. Both articles are satire...just like the one you removed because it offended your Islamo-sensibilities. I use satire to condemn and ridicule not just the subject, but the belief system & the yahoos that support those beliefs. I can't believe I'm saying this, but both of those posts were aimed at the people that were criticizing Rubio.

Satire:

sat·ire

[ˈsaˌtī(ə)r]

NOUN

the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

synonyms: mockery · ridicule · derision · scorn · caricature · irony

The Onion

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Onion is an American digital media company and news satire organization that publishes articles on international, national, and local news. Based in Chicago, the company originated as a weekly print publication in 1988 in Madison, Wisconsin. In the spring of 1996 The Onion began publishing online. In 2007, the organization began publishing satirical news audio and video online, as the Onion News Network. In 2013, The Onion ceased publishing its print edition and launched Onion Labs, an advertising agency.[3][4]

The Onion's articles cover current events, both real and fictional, satirizing the tone and format of traditional news organizations with stories, editorials, op-ed pieces, and man-in-the-street interviews using a traditional news website layout and an editorial voice modeled after that of the Associated Press. The publication's humor often depends on presenting mundane, everyday events as newsworthy, surreal or alarming...

I don't give a rats patoot what JimRob does or says. I hear you all talking about him & his petty fiefdom...even some that were banned for views that he didn't like. Is that what you're getting at? I'm not following your brand of groupthink?

And another think: Why is Rubio off limits for satire? These were not ad hominem attacks...like calling an individual you disagree with, a nutter.

SrWoodchuck

Posted for your perusal. Please draw your own conclusions.

Kasich tells supporters of religious freedom laws: 'Get over it'

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/kasich-tells-supporters-of-religious-freedom-laws-get-over-it/article/2588757?custom_click=rss

John-Kasich12.jpg

John Kasich said Sunday that people who favor laws allowing businesses not to serve gay couples need to "calm down" and "get over" their opposition to lifestyles that differ from their own.

"What I'd like to say is, just relax," Kasich said on CNN. "If you don't like what somebody's doing, pray for them, and if you feel as though somebody is doing something wrong against you, can you just for a second get over it? You know?"

Kasich's comments were a reply to a question about his harsh reaction to Mississippi's new law that allows companies not to serve gay couples. Last week, Kasich asked "What the hell are we doing in this country?" in reaction to that law.

Kasich did say Sunday that his first reaction as president would not be to take specific steps to stop states from passing those sorts of laws. But he then advised people on both sides to "calm down" before looking for quick-fix legislative answers to this complex problem.Scissors-32x32.png

WashingtonExaminer via WeaselZippers