Deception Experts Analyze If Paul Ryan is Telling The Truth About Not Running For President

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
deception-experts-analyze-whether-paul-ryan-is-telling-the-truth-about-not-accepting-presidential-nominationLaw Newz:

When Speaker of the House Paul Ryan on Tuesday declared categorically, “I do not want, nor will I accept, the nomination for our party,” he certainly seemed to be ruling himself out as the Republican nominee for President. But considering the other statements Ryan made, in practically the same breath, we are convinced his resolve is open to question.

Despite having made the dramatic, Johnson-esque, “I do not want, nor will I accept” declaration, Ryan appeared to build in just enough wiggle room to suggest he wants his party to know he can be swayed on the matter.

“If no candidate has a majority on the first ballot,” Ryan said, “I believe that you should only choose from a person who has actually participated in the primary.” There was very likely a reason that Ryan couched this statement, and a similar one toward the end of the press conference, in terms of simply being what he believes should be the case, as opposed to what absolutely must be the case.

It’s also noteworthy that Ryan said nothing to convey any sense that there’s no need for a white knight to come to the rescue of the Republican nomination. He failed to make any direct reference to the three remaining Republican candidates or their qualifications to be President. Instead, he took the opportunity for a thinly veiled attack.

“Politics today, it tends to drift toward personality contests, not policy contests,” he lamented. “Insults get ink more than ideas.”

If Ryan had truly and absolutely closed his mind to the prospect of becoming the Republican nominee, it seems likely that he would have made some effort to rationalize the legitimacy of the remaining three Republican candidates. He never even came close to doing so.

________

Lyin' Ryan?

If Ryan had truly and absolutely closed his mind to the prospect of becoming the Republican nominee, it seems likely that he would have made some effort to rationalize the legitimacy of the remaining three Republican candidates. He never even came close to doing so.

That's not his job.

• Like 2

SrWoodchuck

That's not his job.

It's insane. Microscopic political analysis upon analysis...ad infinitum.

• Like 1