Ted Cruz Defends Colorado ‘Election’: ‘65,000 Voted’

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
ted-cruz-defends-colorado-election-san-diego-stageBreitbart:

Sen. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX)97%

defended the controversial Colorado Republican delegate selection process on Monday in two rally speeches in southern California as he kicked off his campaign in the Golden State.

In a morning address in Irvine, and an evening rally in San Diego, Cruz fired up hundreds of fans, activists and delegate candidates, touting his jobs, freedom, and security policies, and taking shots at Democrats Hillary Clinton and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT)16%

But Cruz also defended the Colorado delegate selection process, which rival and frontrunner Donald Trump attacked as part of a “rigged system.”

On Monday evening, Cruz referenced his landslide win in Utah, his delegate win in North Dakota, and his surge in the Wisconsin primary. He also boasted about sweeping delegate wins in Colorado, including victories in seven districts and at the state level:

Now you may have noticed that when Donald loses he yells and screams and stamps his foot, he curses and yells to anyone nearby. Look we know in the state of California, wine is best served with cheese.

And Donald has this very odd thing, so Colorado, he’s been on TV all day long, saying Colorado was terrible they stole the election. Donald, 65,000 people voted in the state of Colorado, they just didn’t vote for you, they voted for our campaign. To put it more simply Donald — it ain’t stealing when the voters vote against you. It is the voters reclaiming this country and reclaiming sanity.

The “voting” process to which Cruz referred involved the selection of state delegates, starting at the precinct level. Last year, the state party chose to cancel the traditional voting process for the 2016 election — the only state party to do so.

________

It's true that Trump didn't go to Colorado. But did anyone there actually get to vote?

@WestVirginiaRebel - I refer you to this thread which have a couple of articles about how the process in Colorado. It was set well before Trump ever entered the picture. There are states that have a similar process. I think I may have read that NY has something similar. Wow, if it does and Trump loses, there will be crying an gnashing of teeth all aver the place.

http://www.therightreasons.net/index.php?/topic/72750-ted-cruz-looking-to-scoop-up-more-colorado-delegates/

@WestVirginiaRebel - I refer you to this thread which have a couple of articles about how the process in Colorado. It was set well before Trump ever entered the picture. There are states that have a similar process.[b/ I think I may have read that NY has something similar. Wow, if it does and Trump loses, there will be crying an gnashing of teeth all aver the place.

http://www.therightreasons.net/index.php?/topic/72750-ted-cruz-looking-to-scoop-up-more-colorado-delegates/

This is the way Mn. does it. This is your basic caucus system.