Speaker Ryan: 'I Do Not Want, Nor Will I Accept The Republican Nomination'

Valin

paul-ryan-speech-n2147443Townhall/Tip Sheet:

Matt Vespa

Apr 12, 2016

Earlier this afternoon, Speaker of the House Paul Ryan put to rest rumors that he would be running for president, and told members of the press “to count me out” regarding a possible 2016 campaign. At his news conference on Capitol Hill, he added that he has too much work to do in the House to let this speculation fester.

“Let me be clear: I do not want, nor will I accept the Republican nomination,” said the speaker. “So let me speak directly to the delegates on this: If no candidate has a majority on the first ballot, I believe you should only choose a person who actually participated in the primary. Count me out.”

He added, “I simply believe that if you want to be the nominee – to be the president – you should actually run for it. I chose not to. Therefore, I should not be considered. Period.”

(Snip)

SrWoodchuck

This means he's absolutely, positively running for President...the bastid...just like he ran for Speaker!

Can he be impeached? J/K- Don't have a coronary, @Valin...relax Sweet @Geee...

This means he's absolutely, positively running for President...the bastid...just like he ran for Speaker!

Can he be impeached? J/K- Don't have a coronary, @Valin...relax Sweet @Geee...

If you watch the press conference you'll see he actually addressed this.

• Like 1