Ted Cruz Isn't Cheating, He's Winning

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel

ted_cruz_isn_t_cheating_he_s_winningRush Limbaugh:

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Now, there's something else about these delegate fights that have taken place over the weekend where Cruz has just skunked Trump. It isn't even a contest. It is fascinating to watch. And, of course, the Trump people think that games are being played and that tricks are being pulled. But that's not happening. This is just somebody who understands the system using it. You know, we could go into a little discussion if you want about insider versus outsider, and I've tried to tell people: "These insiders are not just gonna let this stuff go, folks. They're not just gonna sit idly by and let you take it away from 'em."

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: This morning on the Fox News Channel's Fox & Friends, the guest, the Trumpster. During a discussion about Trump's loss at the Colorado Republican convention, Ainsley Earhardt -- by the way, congratulations to her for getting the gig. Did you hear about this, Brian? I know you're a big Ainsley Earhardt fan. Mitzi should know. Just kidding.

Ainsley Earhardt started out at Fox doing little bits for Hannity, the news updates at the bottom of the hour, and now she is the female anchor of Fox & Friends. Anyway, they're talking here to Trump, and Ainsley Earhardt says, "Over the weekend you lost the state of Colorado, and you tweeted about it. You said you were angry. You said it was unfair. Why do you think that?"

TRUMP: In the Denver area and Colorado itself they're going absolutely crazy because they weren't given a vote. It's a crooked deal. And I see it. And honestly I see it with Bernie, too. I've gotten millions more votes, millions, not just a couple, millions more votes than Cruz. Now they're trying to pick off those delegates one by one. That's not the way democracy is supposed to work. You know, and they offer 'em trips, they offer 'em all sorts of things. What kind of a system is this? I'm an outsider and I came into the system and I'm winning the votes by millions of votes. But the system is rigged, it's crooked. When you look, even at Bernie, I'm not a fan of Bernie, but every time I turn on your show, Bernie wins, Bernie wins, Bernie wins, but yet Bernie is not winning.

RUSH: That's true. That's true about Crazy Bernie. They have rigged it over to the Democrat side. They're using their superdelegates. It's not rigged on the Republican side. This is just the establishment taking advantage. You know, what they've done is fake everybody out here. And look, this is multileveled here, to get an idea of what's going on. The establishment has had everybody looking at rule 40, for example. I mean, there have been all kinds of leaks in Politico. I mean, the last series of months we've had story after story about how supposedly the establishment is panicking, and the steps that they're going to take to try to stop Trump. And we hear about maybe a third-party candidate that we've never heard of being nominated on the floor in a brokered convention. Everything.

But the one thing that nobody leaked, the one thing that nobody had a heads-up on was how Cruz was going to go into all of these states and arrange to get most of the delegates. We're talking second and third ballot here. On the first ballot the delegates -- for the most part; there are exceptions -- are pledged to vote the way the people in their state voted. Pennsylvania, however, is different. Pennsylvania is coming up. You want to know about Pennsylvania? Only 17 out of Pennsylvania's 70 some odd delegates vote the way voters in the primary go. Some 51, 54, I don't have the number right in front of me, over 50 delegates in Pennsylvania are unbound, on the first ballot.

________

Unbound might be one thing; unelected is another. To put it another way-what if Paul Ryan gets those delegates? Would he be "winning" then?