Why Won’t John Kasich Go Away?

Draggingtree

Draggingtree

john-kasich-republican-candidate-who-wouldnt-leave?National Review :

by JONAH GOLDBERG April 6, 2016 12:00 AM

There was an old Saturday Night Live fake movie trailer narrated by horror-movie veteran Christopher Lee. John Belushi played a houseguest who couldn’t take a hint from a couple who just wanted to go to bed. The husband tells Belushi, “Look, I don’t want to be rude, but my wife is Very tired!” Belushi responds by picking up the TV Guide and saying dismissively, “Yeah. . . . Hey, there’s a good movie on tonight! I think I’ll call up some friends and watch it over here!”

Then came Lee’s creepy voiceover: “It came without warning! They were just being Polite! They didn’t realize that they’d be stuck with . . . The Thing That Wouldn’t Leave”!

John Kasich is this election season’s The Thing That Wouldn’t Leave. After investing everything in New Hampshire, Kasich came in second, Huntsman had in his race-ending performance in 2012. Kasich’s response? He didn’t just declare victory, he proclaimed, “Tonight, the light overcame the darkness.” Scissors-32x32.png

• Like 2

SrWoodchuck

john-kasich-republican-candidate-who-wouldnt-leave?:

by JONAH GOLDBERG April 6, 2016 12:00 AM

There was an old Saturday Night Live fake movie trailer narrated by horror-movie veteran Christopher Lee. John Belushi played a houseguest who couldn’t take a hint from a couple who just wanted to go to bed. The husband tells Belushi, “Look, I don’t want to be rude, but my wife is Very tired!” Belushi responds by picking up the TV Guide and saying dismissively, “Yeah. . . . Hey, there’s a good movie on tonight! I think I’ll call up some friends and watch it over here!”

Then came Lee’s creepy voiceover: “It came without warning! They were just being Polite! They didn’t realize that they’d be stuck with . . . The Thing That Wouldn’t Leave”!

John Kasich is this election season’s The Thing That Wouldn’t Leave. After investing everything in New Hampshire, Kasich came in second, Huntsman had in his race-ending performance in 2012. Kasich’s response? He didn’t just declare victory, he proclaimed, “Tonight, the light overcame the darkness.” Scissors-32x32.png

@Draggingtree!

Kasich is the anchor that keeps Cruz from competing fairly with Trump. I firmly believe that the Dems would prefer Trump against Killary. Cruz is a strict Constitutionalist. He would jeopardize their campaign of negating the rule of law & taking apart our Constitutional Republic, because, unlike pRez Skippy. Cruz actually has read & argued the Constitution before the Supremes...and won most of his cases. By having Kasich (whom Soros supports) provide a "moderate" option (further left & even co-opted by Obama on Oblundercare & Clinton on gun-control) the Progs can hinder Cruz to the point of Trump gathering enough delegates...thereby choosing once again, the Republican candidate. Progs are willing to cross lines in primaries where it is allowed, and vote in the lesser capable or more agreeable Repub. This illustrates that they are willing to do anything to keep power & conservatives are not. We play by the rules & they do not.

• Like 2

Nominating Trump or Cruz would cost Republicans at state level, Kasich warnsrolleyes.gifblink.png

Ohio Gov. John Kasich warned Monday that nominating Donald Trump or Ted Cruz will cost Republicans control of the New York state Senate, adding to the political damage the party fears could result from November’s elections.

Analysts have already said the U.S. Senate and even the U.S. House could slip from Republican control if Mr. Trump or Mr. Cruz is the nominee, but Mr. Kasich said the losses could go even deeper, reversing a six-year surge the party had been enjoying at the state level.

“I think we have a good chance of having a united Republican Party with nominees who are going to get destroyed in the fall election,” Mr. Kasich said as he campaigned ahead of the April 19 New York Republican primary. “I will tell you the majority in the New York state Senate will not be a majority with the other two guys being the nominee of the party.”Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/apr/11/john-kasich-warns-that-donald-trump-or-ted-cruz-no/