Watch: Matthews Presses Sanders Supporter on Paying for Free College, Supporter Says I Don’t Need To Know ‘At This Moment’

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
watch-matthews-presses-sanders-supporter-on-paying-for-free-college-supporter-says-i-dont-need-to-know-at-this-momentBreitbart:

MSNBC host Chris Matthews pressed former Wisconsin Lt. Governor Barbara Lawton (D), who is supporting Democratic presidential candidate Senator Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT)16%

on how Sanders will pay for his free college tuition program, which prompted Lawton to say that she didn’t have to know where the money would come from “right at this moment” during Tuesday’s coverage of the Wisconsin primary on MSNBC.

Matthews asked, “He’s talking about free tuition at the University of Wisconsin, wherever the campus is. Free for everybody, free at University of Michigan, free Berkeley, free Penn State, free for every state university, and I keep asking myself, where is all that enormous amount of money coming from? And do you think he has a way of getting that money?”

Lawton responded, “Of course he does.” After Matthews asked how Sanders would get this money, Lawton answered, “Well, start with there’s the vision that in — that our public education system, which grew from, what? One, to four, to one to six, to K to 12 eventually. Now, it’s the price of admission to this 21st century economy is post-high school education. So we as a nation have to address that question, and unless you put out a bold vision, you’re going to start –.”

Matthews then cut in, “You say ‘we,’ but who is going to pay for it, who?” Lawten said, “The people of Wisconsin. He’s put out a — the people of the United States. And he’s put out a plan –.”

Matthews cut in, “[T]he parents who help the kids with college, they can’t help them all the way, young people coming out of college who owe a lot of money. Tell them where the money’s coming from.”

________

When you've lost Chris Matthews...