John Kasich 43,884 15.1%

Rep Other 6,571 2.3%

Democratic Candidates

Bernard Sanders 134,506 53.4%

Hillary Clinton 116,784 46.4%

Dem Other 426 0.2%

• Like 1

righteousmomma

The Trump campaign statement above is exactly why I do not like him. And yes I mean him, the person, and not his ideology.

• Like 1

The Trump campaign statement above is exactly why I do not like him. And yes I mean him, the person, and not his ideology.

He has an ideology? dry.png

biggrin.png

AFTER WISCONSIN…BUYER’S REMORSE?

Donald Trump has argued that seventeen candidates kept him to a plurality. But even as the field shrunk, now to three, a majority has eluded Trump. Indeed, yesterday in Wisconsin, it was Ted Cruz who won nearly half the vote.

Trump received just over one third. His numbers are declining elsewhere, and the Wisconsin results, at least for now, will reverberate in national polling for the nomination. That polling, in turn, will impact primaries in individual states. There is a negative synergy.

All this is in large part because Trump has not grown as a candidate. He has instead steadily ramped up his unfavorable rating, among Republicans, and amongthe November electorate, the latter impacting his general election polls. As Trump alienates, sentiment hardens against him. The longer that people have a negative view of Trump, the harder to disabuse them. He never understood that, and no one in his campaign explained it to him.

Trump has been very successful in life, and now in politics, he says, doing things his way. But he didn’t build Trump Towers in Manhattan the way he runs his campaign. It is said that if you are your own lawyer, you have a fool for a client. If you are your own campaign strategist, you….Scissors-32x32.png

http://spectator.org/articles/65981/buyer%E2%80%99s-remorse

Cruz Makes His Stand In Wisconsin

MADISON, Wis. — One big difference between a Donald Trump rally and a Ted Cruz rally is that you’re not likely to hear the Constitution mentioned at a Trump event, but Cruz supporters cheer every time their candidate invokes the Constitution, which he does often.

At a rally Sunday night in west-central Wisconsin, Sen. Mike Lee, who is traveling with the campaign, introduced Cruz by telling the crowd he was the only candidate who “understands that restoring and reinvigorating the middle class starts with restoring and reinvigorating the U.S. Constitution.” The audience cheered.

When Cruz took the stage, he said, “Mike Lee is the most serious constitutional scholar to serve in the Senate since the days of Daniel Webster. And I gotta say, Mike Lee would look awfully good in a robe.” More cheers.Scissors-32x32.png

http://thefederalist.com/2016/04/05/cruz-stand-in-wisconsin/

MADISON, Wis. — One big difference between a Donald Trump rally and a Ted Cruz rally is that you’re not likely to hear the Constitution mentioned at a Trump event, but Cruz supporters cheer every time their candidate invokes the Constitution, which he does often.

Today, the Republican Party faces a similar crisis as the GOP primary drags on, pitting Trump supporters against both conservatives and libertarian-minded Republicans,

I really don't get it! How anyone who calls themselves Conservative/Republican can support DT....I really really don't. There are people at TOS (LS) that I had a great deal of respect for, but they are Trumpers. Normally I can understand a persons point of view, even if I disagree strongly, but not in this case...I don't Get It!

Today, the Republican Party faces a similar crisis as the GOP primary drags on, pitting Trump supporters against both conservatives and libertarian-minded Republicans,

I really don't get it! How anyone who calls themselves Conservative/Republican can support DT....I really really don't. There are people at TOS (LS) that I had a great deal of respect for, but they are Trumpers. Normally I can understand a persons point of view, even if I disagree strongly, but not in this case...I don't Get It!

Did you read the article that I posted a couple of days ago about Trump and the raccoons?

Five takeaways from Wisconsin

What did we learn from the results in the Badger State?

A contested Republican convention is much more likely

Republican front-runner Donald Trump didn’t just get beaten in Wisconsin — he got trounced.

Votes were still being counted as of midnight Eastern time, but with 80 percent of precincts reporting, Trump lagged Cruz by about 14 percentage points. Cruz is guaranteed 18 delegates for winning the state, as well as three more for each one of the state’s eight congressional districts that he carries. While the final totals are not clear yet, it appears likely that Cruz will win at least 33 delegates of the 42 total delegates.

This puts a dent in Trump’s hopes of getting to the magic number: the 1,237 delegates required to claim the nomination at the Republican National Convention in July. The businessman will likely have around 740 delegates when the smoke clears. That means he will need to win about 60percent of those who are up for grabs in the remaining contests.

Trump could plausibly do that with big wins in New York and elsewhere on the East coast, as well as in California, which has a massive delegate haul. But his odds are longer after Wisconsin than they were before. Scissors-32x32.png

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/275310-five-takeaways-from-wisconsin

Did you read the article that I posted a couple of days ago about Trump and the raccoons?

Yes I did. Thing is I'm not talking about the low information types or the burn it all down types that live on the fringes, but people I assumed were rational intelligent people.

Yes I did. Thing is I'm not talking about the low information types or the burn it all down types that live on the fringes, but people I assumed were rational intelligent people.

People assume that because someone has money that they are extremely intelligent. NOT. I COULD name namesrolleyes.gif

People assume that because someone has money that they are extremely intelligent. NOT. I COULD name namesrolleyes.gif

She comes immediately to mind

• Like 1