Shock poll: Clinton neck-and-neck with Trump in deep-red Mississippi

Geee

275222-shock-poll-clinton-neck-and-neck-with-trump-in-deep-redThe Hill:

Democrats could win Mississippi in this fall's presidential election for the first time in 40 years, according to a new poll.

Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton is running almost even with Republican Donald Trump in the deep-red, a Mason-Dixon Polling & Research survey released Tuesday found.

Trump has 46 percent support, with Clinton at 43 percent — within the margin of error.

The last time a Democrat won Mississippi was 1976, when Jimmy Carter defeated Gerald Ford.

Mitt Romney beat President Obama in Mississippi in 2012 by 12 points.

Clinton is closing the gap on Trump primarily because of his weakness among women voters.

Clinton takes 47 percent support among women, with Trump at 40 percent. She also attracted 15 percent of the vote from white Republican women, the poll found.

The Mason-Dixon survey is the latest poll to show Trump performing poorly in a match-up against Clinton.Scissors-32x32.png

Ben Stein: Trump on the Economy 'Makes Me Want to Cry'

Ben Stein lashed out at Donald Trump on Monday for "very scary" economic pitches and chalked up Trump's performance among voters concerned about the economy to "sheer idiocy."

The former Nixon/Ford speechwriter, actor and writer told CNN that in all his years as an economist, "which is roughly 50 years, I've never seen such nonsense as we just heard from Mr. Trump and it breaks my heart, it makes me want to cry because I'm Republican, I've never voted for a Democrat, and to think the guy who's our likely standard bearer has such nonsensical ideas of every single aspect of the economy is just breathtakingly horrible."

Stein was responding to Trump telling supporters at a Wisconsin rally Monday that the U.S. is "going to go into a massive recession."

"But I also say, if I'm president, that's not going to happen because I'm going to straighten things out before it happens," Trump added.Scissors-32x32.png

https://pjmedia.com/election/2016/04/05/ben-stein-trump-on-the-economy-makes-me-want-to-cry/