Six Startling Contrasts Between the Bible and the Quran

Geee

six-startling-contrasts-between-the-bible-and-the-quranPJ Media:

I recently wrote about some of the "Startling Similarities (and Contrasts) Between the Bible and the Quran." Here are six more important differences between the holy books of the world's two largest religions:

1. Conversion Stories

As I have been reading the Bible for the past 40 years, I've noticed that it's message first and foremost is the story of God extending grace to rescue fallen mankind. There are many stories of ordinary people and "great" prophets, all struggling in their faith. There are also several conversion stories. For example, in the Old Testament, Manasseh is a diabolically murderous king of Judah (2 Kings 21), but later we find out in 2 Chronicles 33:11-20 that while he was in prison he truly repented and turned his life over to God. It is a wonderful "underreported" conversion story in the Bible! We have similar stories like that in the Bible: the thief on the cross (Luke 23:39-43), the woman at the well (John 4), and of course, the conversion of Saul of Tarsus (Acts 9).Scissors-32x32.png