STATE DEPT SUSPENDS REVIEW INTO 'TOP SECRET' CLINTON EMAILS

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
US_CLINTON_EMAILS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-04-01-16-33-40AP:

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The State Department has suspended its internal review into whether former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton or her top aides mishandled emails containing information now deemed 'top secret."

Spokeswoman Elizabeth Trudeau said Friday the department had paused the review to avoid interfering with an ongoing FBI investigation into Clinton's use of a private server while she was America's top diplomat. She said the decision was made after the department sought the FBI's advice on how to proceed with the review and received word that it should follow its standard practice. Trudeau said the department's standard practice is to place internal reviews "on hold while there is an ongoing law enforcement investigation underway."

An FBI spokeswoman declined to comment.

"Of course, we do not want our internal review to complicate or impede the progress of their ongoing law enforcement investigation," Trudeau told reporters. "Therefore, the State Department at this time is not moving forward with our internal review." Trudeau said the department would "reassess next steps" in the internal review process once the FBI completes its probe.

The department began the internal review in January when it announced that it had classified 22 emails that Clinton sent or received as "top secret" and would not be releasing them. None of the emails was marked classified at the time it was sent.

________

Calling it off.

Huma Abedin “terrified” as FBI takes over State Dept investigation of top secret emails
Jazz Shaw
April 2, 2016

The State Department has been “investigating” the classified information discovered on Hillary Clinton’s private bathroom email server since roughly the 1970’s by my calculations. (Or at least it seems that way.) But there’s been a significant change in the investigation this week: It ended. This wasn’t for any lack of interest or some roadblock they couldn’t overcome, but because the FBI has taken over the show. (ABC News)

(Snip)

Still, the increased public awareness of federal law enforcement being involved has some of the main players on edge. And one of those is long time Hillary aide, Huma Abedin. She recently confessed to being terrified of all her communications being under the magnifying glass. (Politico)

Huma Abedin hasn’t freshly read any of her email exchanges with Hillary Clinton that have been released by the State Department, but the longtime Clinton aide said it is “terrifying” to know that the messages are out there.
“It’s something I can’t really think about, but I can’t even imagine what’s in those emails. But I’m sure I would probably be mortified. I have no idea. I haven’t read any of them,” Abedin, who served as one of Clinton’s top aides at State, said in an interview with the podcast “Call Your Girlfriend.”

If Abedin is “terrified” I can’t imagine what demons are chasing Hillary Clinton through her dreams. Thus far Huma has been a loyal foot soldier, defending the boss at every turn. But it sounds like she at least has something of an idea of what might be included in those 22 Top Secret emails and her fingerprints are likely on them too. The final shoe to drop in this investigation would be if the FBI announced that Abedin had agreed to testify in exchange for immunity. If you see that happen, sports fans (and I’m not saying it will). you can finish your beers and head for the stadium exits because the game will be just about over.

• Like 1

SrWoodchuck

Huma Abedin “terrified” as FBI takes over State Dept investigation of top secret emails

Jazz Shaw

April 2, 2016

The State Department has been “investigating” the classified information discovered on Hillary Clinton’s private bathroom email server since roughly the 1970’s by my calculations. (Or at least it seems that way.) But there’s been a significant change in the investigation this week: It ended. This wasn’t for any lack of interest or some roadblock they couldn’t overcome, but because the FBI has taken over the show. (ABC News)

(Snip)

Still, the increased public awareness of federal law enforcement being involved has some of the main players on edge. And one of those is long time Hillary aide, Huma Abedin. She recently confessed to being terrified of all her communications being under the magnifying glass. (Politico)

Huma Abedin hasn’t freshly read any of her email exchanges with Hillary Clinton that have been released by the State Department, but the longtime Clinton aide said it is “terrifying” to know that the messages are out there.

“It’s something I can’t really think about, but I can’t even imagine what’s in those emails. But I’m sure I would probably be mortified. I have no idea. I haven’t read any of them,” Abedin, who served as one of Clinton’s top aides at State, said in an interview with the podcast “Call Your Girlfriend.”

If Abedin is “terrified” I can’t imagine what demons are chasing Hillary Clinton through her dreams. Thus far Huma has been a loyal foot soldier, defending the boss at every turn. But it sounds like she at least has something of an idea of what might be included in those 22 Top Secret emails and her fingerprints are likely on them too. The final shoe to drop in this investigation would be if the FBI announced that Abedin had agreed to testify in exchange for immunity. If you see that happen, sports fans (and I’m not saying it will). you can finish your beers and head for the stadium exits because the game will be just about over.

@Valin! Sweet E says, "Oh no, I'm stayin' in the stadium even if the lights go out...I'm not missing this for anything!" Pop more popcorn...hand us another barley pop.