Cruz: National Enquirer Sex Scandal Story Is ‘Garbage’ Peddled by ‘Sleazy Donald’

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
cruz-national-enquirer-sex-scandal-story-is-garbage-peddled-by-sleazy-donaldThe Blaze:

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz vehemently denied a National Enquirer story that made waves on Twitter today — calling rumors that he’s been unfaithful to his wife “complete and utter lies.”

“It is garbage, complete and utter lies,” Cruz said at a press conference in Wisconsin today. “It is a tabloid smear and it has come from Donald Trump and his henchmen.”

The National Enquirer is a U.S. tabloid that’s known for its often far-fetched reporting based on rumor and informants. But sometimes it has been right — the Enquirer was the first outlet to report that Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards had an extramarital affair, news that put an end to his 2008 campaign.

Their Ted Cruz story alleges that the Republican 2016 candidate has five mistresses.

But Cruz pushed back against the allegations Friday, saying front-runner Donald Trump is behind the story. David Pecker, the chief executive of the National Enquirer, is friends with Trump, and the National Enquirer has endorsed Trump.

________

Famous last words?

mdspinboyredux

This is pathetic and beneath the office of the President of the United States. I cannot believe anybody could seriously believe Donald Trump is an appropriate candidate for the world's most powerful office.

In the unfortunate event Trump is nominated, years of Howard Stern interviews and personal/corporate legal issues will produce such opposition research GOLD for Hillary's campaign that Republicans running for State and Local races will feel the impact.

The mental diarrhea that comes from his mouth is simply astounding. Juvenile and capricious don't begin to describe it.

This scandal was created by Trump, using a the pretext of some unknown/unheard of Facebook page that posted a picture any person could readily find on Google. Now he uses his accomplices in the tabloid press (which by accounts he PAYS for good coverage - according to Buzzfeed) to pump the non-story and keep it alive.

If Trump is the nominee, I will NOT vote for him. PERIOD. He has shown himself unworthy of such position. He is not a Republican, nor is he Conservative. He is an opportunist using the 'R' as a means of getting what he wants. One only has to remember that Mayor Bloomberg of New York called himself a Republican to get elected after Giuliani. How'd that work out?

I will vote for my candidate, with a clear conscience knowing that I did not fall for a two-bit carny huckster.

Pray for America's Deliverance.

• Like 1

clearvision

Not sure why Trump is being blamed for this Cruz thing. It is clear Rubio's team was trying to get it released weeks ago and has been floating around. There was no time for the Enquirer to go thru a release process since the the Facebook "ad" which Cruz supporters clearly launched the as it said "vote for Cruz". Two independent events in time at least.

@mdspinboyredux by the way welcome to TRR, I see you have two posts both Trump major slams.

• Like 1

mdspinboyredux

There was no time for the Enquirer to go thru a release process since the the Facebook "ad" which Cruz supporters clearly launched the as it said "vote for Cruz". Two independent events in time at least.

@mdspinboyredux by the way welcome to TRR, I see you have two posts both Trump major slams.

So, any person, anywhere can create a website or Facebook page that says "Vote for Trump" and the candidate is automatically responsible for the content? That's good to know.

Timeline is this:

1) Facebook page gets "discovered" by Trump

2) Trump fires off the "spill the beans" tweet

3) Cruz disavows the site, mentions that Trump's wife is lovely and that he loves his wife

4) Trump retweets the "picture equal to 1000 words" post

5) Cruz calls Trump a coward for attacking his wife

6) National Enquirer (a major Trump backer) releases latest crapfest on the campaign.

You mentioned that this info was shopped around for weeks by Rubio? Please cite where you heard that. If it was available, why didn't anyone pick it up then? Why the 'sudden interest?' The truth is, this is a constructed lie deployed by Trump allies to blunt what appeared to be Cruz momentum in consolidating the anti-Trump voter.

Ever notice that the "reporters" talking about this nothingburger are sure to throw in the caveats like "if it turns out to be true" or "according to some" so that they don't open themselves up to legal action.

Trump has maxxed out his appeal and only has down to go. His polls are softening and he recently was running nearly equal to Cruz nationally. His only option is to lessen the appeal of his opponents.

(And for the record, i'm usually here to read Pookies Toons)

clearvision

Ted Cruz ‘Affair’ Rumors Peddled by Marco Rubio’s Allies

I personally had seen several posts from a Breitbart reporter awhile back alluding to devastating Cruz information that he wanted to release. There are also many conversations tied into Rick Wilson and him wanting to release "thething".

Just a quick google found these quotes conveying that info (I don't know a thing about the site, but the info is stuff I have seen on many,

many places, so in the interest of not spending a lot of time finding more serious sources I'll just use these.

Origin of the story: Marco Rubio’s SuperPAC, #NeverTrump, and #TheThing

It all started on March 11, when a Twitter follower asked Rick Wilson, head of the staunchly pro-Marco Rubio #NeverTrump movement, about the release of "the thing." Wilson expressed disdain, saying that "I wish I had control of The Thing,” and “If I had The Thing, you’d have the thing."

Wilson also wrote, "dear media outlets in possession of The Thing; I know you’re scared about legal. Have an intern post it on YouTube and then ‘discover’ it." The Stop Trump PAC, which had run ads exclusively for Marco Rubio followed up on Wilson’s tweet writing "The news networks sitting on ‘The Thing’ are doing the ultimate disservice to our country."

On February 2, Breitbart writer Allum Bokhari wrote: "Some people think #MicrosoftRubioFraud is the big scandal from last night. Wait until they hear the bombshell about Ted Cruz." The writer followed up on Twitter two days later, saying the editors were not allowing him to drop the story.

Minutes after the story was released by the National Enquirer on Wednesday, Bokhari took to Twitter, writing "I hate getting scooped," which social media took to be instant confirmation of the #CruzSexScandal.

http://sputniknews.com/politics/20160326/1036992142/cruz-sex-scandal-trump-pierson.html

I've seen no info proving Trump had the Enquirer release the info, other than a relationship. If this was Trump inspired then it certainly had to occur before the Facebook "ad" by Cruz supporters as there would not be time for Trump to get the Enquirer to generate an article and get to press in less than a week.

I have several other former candidates I would rather see right now in the race but the media and voters have eliminated them for multiple reasons. Leaving us with Kasich (sort of), Cruz and Trump. I do not think Cruz can win a general against Hillary. I don't think Kasich will win the Republican nomination. So if left with Trump I will vote for him over Hillary. He is not my first choice, but is certainly better than Hillary.

• Like 1

SrWoodchuck

Ted Cruz ‘Affair’ Rumors Peddled by Marco Rubio’s Allies

I personally had seen several posts from a Breitbart reporter awhile back alluding to devastating Cruz information that he wanted to release. There are also many conversations tied into Rick Wilson and him wanting to release "thething".

Just a quick google found these quotes conveying that info (I don't know a thing about the site, but the info is stuff I have seen on many,

many places, so in the interest of not spending a lot of time finding more serious sources I'll just use these.

Origin of the story: Marco Rubio’s SuperPAC, #NeverTrump, and #TheThing

It all started on March 11, when a Twitter follower asked Rick Wilson, head of the staunchly pro-Marco Rubio #NeverTrump movement, about the release of "the thing." Wilson expressed disdain, saying that "I wish I had control of The Thing,” and “If I had The Thing, you’d have the thing."

Wilson also wrote, "dear media outlets in possession of The Thing; I know you’re scared about legal. Have an intern post it on YouTube and then ‘discover’ it." The Stop Trump PAC, which had run ads exclusively for Marco Rubio followed up on Wilson’s tweet writing "The news networks sitting on ‘The Thing’ are doing the ultimate disservice to our country."

On February 2, Breitbart writer Allum Bokhari wrote: "Some people think #MicrosoftRubioFraud is the big scandal from last night. Wait until they hear the bombshell about Ted Cruz." The writer followed up on Twitter two days later, saying the editors were not allowing him to drop the story.

Minutes after the story was released by the National Enquirer on Wednesday, Bokhari took to Twitter, writing "I hate getting scooped," which social media took to be instant confirmation of the #CruzSexScandal.

http://sputniknews.com/politics/20160326/1036992142/cruz-sex-scandal-trump-pierson.html

I've seen no info proving Trump had the Enquirer release the info, other than a relationship. If this was Trump inspired then it certainly had to occur before the Facebook "ad" by Cruz supporters as there would not be time for Trump to get the Enquirer to generate an article and get to press in less than a week.

I have several other former candidates I would rather see right now in the race but the media and voters have eliminated them for multiple reasons. Leaving us with Kasich (sort of), Cruz and Trump. I do not think Cruz can win a general against Hillary. I don't think Kasich will win the Republican nomination. So if left with Trump I will vote for him over Hillary. He is not my first choice, but is certainly better than Hillary.

I agree, @clearvision. Not voting for whomever is the eventual Republican candidate, leaving it blank or filling in a "write-in" is the equivalent of voting for Hillary/Commie. You'll have the satisfaction of feeling good for a brief time, until one more Progressive Supreme takes the bench. At that point, the Constitution, Bill of Rights & Republic...become "flexible" entities. Starting with the 2nd Amendment.

I have maybe another 20-25 years left...I'd gut it out...but my children & grandchildren would be left with a horrible "change" without much "hope." Knowing that it happened during my life would be much worse than the brief feeling of euphoria at having voted my "conscience."

I'd even vote for Kasich...who I think is a Prog Meat Puppet that is shilling for the GOPe...to spite ignorant conservatives like me.

ANYBODY BUT KILLARY OR THE COMMIE!

• Like 2