Reid: 'Never, ever, ever underestimate Trump'

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
harry-reid-trump-221156Politico:

Harry Reid has some advice for Democrats already celebrating Hillary Clinton as the next president: Don’t underestimate Donald Trump.

While Democratic groups and the party committees circulate all the reasons that Trump could doom the Republicans’ bid for the White House as well as their congressional majorities, Republicans are now positing that Trump could bring disenchanted voters back to the GOP to help them compete in the Rust Belt.

Asked about Trump reshaping the map, Reid said the party should brace for how unpredictable this election could be with Trump on the ballot.

"Never, ever, ever underestimate Trump. No one should do that. I tried, others have tried. He's a hard guy to predict,” Reid said in a telephone interview on Wednesday. “One of the most unorthodox candidates for the presidency in modern times. Certainly in modern times, post-modern times. A real unusual deal we have here."

Still, Reid would not say whether he would prefer that Democrats face Trump or Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas). The minority leader said flatly: “I don’t think it matters.”

"You have one who has been plotting to be president for six or seven months. That's Trump. You have Cruz, who has been plotting to be president since he was in elementary school,” Reid said.

________

And you have Reid, who knows he will never get the job...

Draggingtree
Harry Reid Prefers Cruz Over Trump: ‘He Stands for Something’

BY NICHOLAS BALLASY MARCH 23, 2016

Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) tore into Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump and challenged House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) to denounce the frontrunner for the GOP nomination.

Reid also said he prefers Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) to Trump.

“I have to say this about Cruz: He at least has some principles. I don't like what he stands for but he stands for something – very little of which I’m finding that I agree with,” Reid said at the Center for American Progress (CAP). “So I'm not as turned off by Cruz because he stands for things. Trump stands for nothing and that's why I was so upset for Rubio. He didn't stand for anything.” Scissors-32x32.png

https://pjmedia.com/election/2016/03/23/harry-reid-prefers-cruz-over-trump-he-stands-for-something/

hope this isn't the kiss of death