NBC Host Presses Harry Reid Over Seeming SCOTUS Hypocrisy: ‘What Has Changed Other Than the Political Party Affiliation of the White House?’

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
nbc-host-presses-harry-reid-over-seeming-scotus-hypocrisy-what-has-changed-other-than-the-political-party-affiliation-of-the-white-houseThe Blaze:

Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) was confronted with numerous hypocritical statements he’s made in the past regarding Supreme Court nominations by NBC host Chuck Todd during a tense interview Sunday on “Meet the Press.”

Reid — along with other Senate democrats, President Barack Obama and Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton — has accused Senate Republicans of obstructionism following their declaration that Obama’s Supreme Court nominee, Merrick Garland, would not receive a hearing or conformation vote.

But Todd contended that Senate Republicans are hardly doing anything different than what Senate Democrats did in 2005 during Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito’s nomination period.

To begin the interview, Todd immediately played a clip of Reid on the Senate floor from 2005. Reid said at the time: “Nowhere in … [the Constitution] does it say the Senate has a duty to give presidential nominees a vote.”

“And yet 11 years later, you wrote this: ‘The Senate’s constitutional duty to give a fair and timely hearing and a floor vote to the president’s Supreme Court nominees has remained inviolable,’” Todd said, citing a recent op-ed Reid wrote for the Washington Post. “I guess I’m confused. Which is it? What has changed from 2005, when you said there was nothing in the Constitution that said a vote, to 2016?”

________

Nominees for me, not for thee...