Video: Beware the Walking Dead … federal programs?

Valin

video-beware-the-walking-dead-federal-programsHot Air:

Ed Morrissey

March 18, 2016

Allahpundit usually owns the zombie beat here at Hot Air, but he gets to write about the entertaining zombies. I get the zombies that produce much less fun. These zombies feast on our economic lifesource by feeding on our taxes … and feeding … and feeding. Even when they are supposed to die, they continue to exist in the dark. These federal programs live on even though Congress has not acted to reauthorize them, getting funding while never getting reapproved.

Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers wants to address this in a new bill, the Unauthorized Spending Accountability Act of 2016 (or USA Act). A week ago, she also published this short and * funny “horror” ad bout zombie government programs to dramatize the issue:

(Snip

I spoke with Rep. McMorris Rodgers earlier today about the USA Act. We agree that the best long-term solution is a balanced budget amendment and zero-based budgeting, but this at least provides a kick start to fiscal control of a bloated and largely unaccountable executive branch.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

* Funny? If You Say so

Silly question! Of course its not. Remember Government is what we all do together.

I Love Big Brother!

• Like 1