Paul Ryan: I Know Best

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel

ryan-vs-trump-wall-street-vs-populism-on-immigration-and-tradeBreitbart:

An unintentionally revealing interview with House Speaker Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI)56%

shows exactly why he’s being touted as an establishment replacement for Donald Trump at the Republican National Convention, and also why Trump is the shocking frontrunner for the 2016 nomination.

Like some modern Marie Antoinette, Ryan seems to be utterly clueless about the state of the nation, and utterly condescending towards the voters he needs to keep his job, according to his answers in the interview with CNBC interviewer John Harwood.

But first, with some throat-clearing modesty, Ryan wants to distance himself from establishment calls that he should take the nomination from Donald Trump when the GOP’s delegates meet in July. “It’s funny, but I actually think you should run for President if you’re going to be President. I’m not running for President. I made that decision, consciously, not to,” said Ryan, after fortifying himself with a sip of Guinness stout. “I’m not thinking about it. I’m happy where I am, so no.”

Then he made clear that he’s going to fight Trump’s populist pitch. “I’m going to speak my mind. I’m going to defend conservatism as I understand it,” Ryan told Harwood. “I’m going to defend our ideas as the Republican Party. But we’re going to have to work with whoever the nominee is.”

Then he dived straight into self-delusion. Ryan claimed that his House caucus is making the maximum effort to get “input from their constituents” as they craft an agenda, which will come as a surprise to the huge number of Republican voters outraged by the embarrassing budget deal, which jubilant Democrats touted as an absolute triumph over the new Speaker.

________

Let them eat delegates?

When someone writes something that sounds stupid (like I've come to expect from Trumpbart) I do something really crazy I look to see what was really said

From The Comments

Take Our Media Back CIMR • 15 hours ago

Dear President Trump:

Burn the DC temple of hubris and corruption, to the ground.

Best wishes,
America

Talk about deep insightful thought

Dear Take Our Media Back

Adam-Sandler-movie-gameshow-host.png