I Have Signed No Oath of Loyalty to Donald Trump or the GOP

Draggingtree

Draggingtree
i-have-signed-no-oath-of-loyalty-to-donald-trump-or-the-gopThere Surgent: I Have Signed No Oath of Loyalty to Donald Trump or the GOP

By Erick Erickson | March 17, 2016, 05:40am

Over the past twenty-four hours a sizable contingent of Trump supporters have emailed me to say I am obstructing “the will of the people.” What will is that exactly? Is that the will of more than half of Republicans who have not voted for Donald Trump in any state?

Is that the will of the majority of Americans who have said they would oppose Donald Trump in a general election?

I have signed no oath of loyalty to Donald Trump or the GOP. The fact is very simple — Trump needs my vote. I do not need Trump, nor will I give Donald Trump my vote.

I am a conservative. I believe in limited governments, free markets, and free people. Donald Trump does not. Scissors-32x32.png

clearvision

So the will of the people (Republicans at least) will be someone with 20% of the vote 10%, 5%, no votes (Romney, Ryan)?

So the will of the people (Republicans at least) will be someone with 20% of the vote 10%, 5%, no votes (Romney, Ryan)?

As opposed to

ny3t2cbxiuyd0gizj40hfg.png

Link

What we may very well see is the nominee of Both Parties nominating a candidate with the highest negative ratings.

SrWoodchuck

As opposed to

ny3t2cbxiuyd0gizj40hfg.png

Link

What we may very well see is the nominee of Both Parties nominating a candidate with the highest negative ratings.

One party because Demonrats march in lock-step & it's her "turn" to rule. The other party because they're tired of marching in lock-step or being told what's good for them.

​I think syphilis has better negatives than politicians from either party.

The numbers are an arbitrary illusion produced by slanted politico's from both sides & the middle. Like a piece of real estate...it is worth what someone is willing to pay for it...not what some hopeful, but biased person says it's worth.

It might be interesting after all this is done...to see how many independents & Reagan Democrats are backing Trump.

My guy...Cruz...has negatives from both sides of the aisle. I think it's because he's done what he said he'd do...and stepped on toes from both sides.

One party because Demonrats march in lock-step & it's her "turn" to rule. The other party because they're tired of marching in lock-step or being told what's good for them.

What is interesting is this is pretty much what the Left says about the Republicans. They talk of us as walking in lock step also.

• Like 1