Republicans Must ‘Steal’ This Nomination From Trump

Draggingtree

Draggingtree
steal-this-nominationThe Federalist : Republicans Must ‘Steal’ This Nomination From Trump

The GOP should have only one mission: undermining the candidacy of Donald Trump.

MARCH 16, 2016 By David Harsanyi

Last night, Donald Trump booster and radio talk show host Laura Ingraham urged the GOP’s remaining candidates to avoid a “bloodbath” at the convention. “I don’t see what the point of all this is,” she explained.

Well, there is a great point, actually: taking the nomination away from Trump.

Ted Cruz could still conceivably win. But there’s no soft landing in this scenario. No rapprochement. No team building exercise is going to fix the 2016 iteration of the Republican Party. There is only going to be a crack-up, no matter who captures the nomination. If that’s true, and if it means one side has to prevail, why not save your party from a hostile takeover that could potentially cost a party both the Senate and the House?

The key would be denying Trump the 1,237 delegates necessary to secure the nomination. Cruz (maybe with John Kasich) could still pull together the requisite number of delegates to block Trump from winning before the convention. Scissors-32x32.png

Draggingtree

SHOCK! The Economist Declares A Donald Trump Presidency A Global Risk

By: streiff (Diary) | March 17th, 2016 at 09:56 AM

The formerly respected Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) has declared a Donald Trump presidency a “Global Risk.” They have assigned it a place on their list higher than a war with China in the South China Sea and only a little more serious than the breakup of the EuroZone. Scissors-32x32.png

Conclusion

Although we do not expect Mr Trump to defeat his most likely Democratic contender, Hillary Clinton, there are risks to this forecast, especially in the event of a terrorist attack on US soil or a sudden economic downturn. It is worth noting that the innate hostility within the Republican hierarchy towards Mr Trump, combined with the inevitable virulent Democratic opposition, will see many of his more radical policies blocked in Congress – albeit such internal bickering will also undermine the coherence of domestic and foreign policymaking. Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2016/03/17/shock-economist-declares-trump-presidency-global-risk/

SrWoodchuck

@Draggingtree!

Sorry...after almost 8 years of the media fawning over the truly celebrated ineptness of a venal & criminal Oblunder administration, I can't get too offended by the possibility of a Trump presidency.

I'd still like a President Cruz, but we've already reached the nadir of presidential intellect & integrity.

I'm already sick of the overwhelming coverage & pure vitriol of this campaign...and I realize that my input is negligible...so I'm just going to cast my one & only vote [i'm only "mostly dead" & not a Demoncrat] for anyone but Killary or a Commie.

• Like 1

@Draggingtree!

Sorry...after almost 8 years of the media fawning over the truly celebrated ineptness of a venal & criminal Oblunder administration, I can't get too offended by the possibility of a Trump presidency.

A Republican Obama Presidency? Because that is pretty much what it would be.

SrWoodchuck

@Draggingtree!

A Republican Obama Presidency? Because that is pretty much what it would be.

#1.)

bedtime_for_bonzo.jpg

#2.)

Hillary-Clinton-Campaigning-on-Streets--

#3.)

bernie-sanders_karl_marx.jpg

I know that Donald frightens you & others here at TRR. It would be a shame to have a "Republican" pResidency as bad as 8 years of Oblunder...as it might usher in another Demoncrat administration & possibly change the make-up of Congress. So...other than voting for Cruz if he's the nominee...what should one do? I'm tired of the GOPe electing their candidate, by using every trick in the book to control elections. Establishment Republicans are only marginally better than Democrats...except they smile, promise you change & then give you the same old sh*t. In order to have a candidate that is free from DC professional politics...you need someone wealthy enough to say, "NO!" to their influence. When will this happen again? Mitt was establishment & too weak. He didn't compete for the job with a fire in his belly & the "no holds barred" attitude...needed to win. Against Progressive Democrats that will do anything (dead voting, illegals voting & multiple or suddenly "found" votes) to stay in power. Yes, the Donald is an unknown quantity. He may mature & get the job done. He may not. I say his ego will make him want his legacy to be legendary. He knows business from both ends-success & failure. He's held (& been successful at) an actual job doing high level strategic business planning and strategy. We need that in spades right now. Think he'll produce an actual budget each year? What a novelty. He will most certainly face a somewhat hostile Congress...that will blunt outrageous policies. (Think they'll be afraid to confront him? He's white remember & gets no mulligan for race) He's a negotiator & he obviously knows how to appoint good people to jobs that they can excel in...or they're FIRED! That's accountability...something else we need in spades.

Again, I'd prefer Ted Cruz...but I realize I can only control some things in this life. One of them is how I feel about things that happen to me & how I act upon those feelings. If he stops the looting of the Treasury & Reparation Tour of Aggrieved Idiots...which I think he may...I'll be OK with my vote for Trump. No way can I waste my vote in a snit of anger over his nomination & absolutely no way can I vote for Killary or the Commie. I'm old enough & sane enough to leave my ego out of the decision to vote. Any qualms I have...are reserved for what this country will become if Killary or the Commie get to be pRez...and appoint some Prog a**h*le to be a Supreme. If that happens...the 2nd Amendment is gone & with it...all the others.

• Like 1

@Draggingtree

Would that be the GOPe that has seen the rise of Republican Governors/Legislatures the takeover of the House and Senate by Conservatives? In other words it has all been doom and gloom.

For those who want "Real" Conseratives (whatever the heck that means) I quote Karl Rove..."Get Better Candidates."

BTW I agree with you on Mitt and his willingness to fight for the Whitehouse...and stated as much during the 2012 primary...ie would not do what he had to to win. This is one reason why I was a Gingrich supporter.

Draggingtree

@Draggingtree

Would that be the GOPe that has seen the rise of Republican Governors/Legislatures the takeover of the House and Senate by Conservatives? In other words it has all been doom and gloom.

For those who want "Real" Conseratives (whatever the heck that means) I quote Karl Rove..."Get Better Candidates."

BTW I agree with you on Mitt and his willingness to fight for the Whitehouse...and stated as much during the 2012 primary...ie would not do what he had to to win. This is one reason why I was a Gingrich supporter.

I understand, I'm having a hard time with Trump, I have all ways said I'll vote for the last man standing well that's a unknown at this time, perhaps I take a chair on the porch. unsure.png

SrWoodchuck

@Draggingtree

The GOPe that promised to fight Oblunder policies & Oblundercare...but only with candidates of their choosing?

And then GOPe executives & candidates that turned their snoots up at any Tea Party candidate or voter...except to get their candidates elected?

Then, the GOPe that got those candidates elected, and then became chummy with Oblunder/Progs & reneged on those promises?

Yeah. That GOPe.

Liars & Quislings.

BTW: Ever twisted Boehner wants Ryan for pRez.

Hey, I liked Newt, too. Still like some of his ideas.

BTW(2): I still voted for Mitt & Paul...even when they just went through the motions.

Jose Martinez 24 minutes ago
No we make the rules not you! Trump is going to come after you that is why you hate and fear him so much.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Jose makes my head hurt...bad

Talked to my dentist and Hygienist today. Both conservative Republicans. They will not vote for President if Trump is the nominee. There is only one Republican i know )and I am married to him rolleyes.gif ) that will vote for him. If Trump wins the nomination, Hillary will be president. Trump is bragging about all the people coming out to vote for him. Many of them are Dems who want him to be the candidate because they know that if that happens, in spite of all her baggage, Hillary will be the known slime ball vs. the un-known slime ball.

@SrWoodchuck I think the last few contests where people did not vote because they did not think that the candidates stood for everything politically that they wanted is very different from this case. Those people aggravated me. I believe this is different. This is not politics, it's morals. People refused to see who Obama was - they turned a blind eye and turned him into what they wanted not what he was. They are doing the same in the case of Trump. Making a hero out of a Charlatan and a con man.

I don't know how many times I have said this about Dems. They vote for the same people over and over and will not say a bad thing about them even they are proven crooks and liars (Hillary) or sex offenders etc etc. just because there is a D after their name. I will not do the same for someone who has an R ( a pretend R, I might add) after his name. Sorry

• Like 1

SrWoodchuck

Sweet @Geee! I respect your choice. I see the snakes of both parties strangling this country. Where is there fidelity to our Constitutional Republic? We're all "Flyover Patsies" that keep churning out the coin to keep the bloated government enabled. What difference does it make if Killary wins? Or Bernie the Commie? The moment a Supreme is installed with Progressive leanings, our Bill of Rights will become a list of positive suggestions. The 2nd Amendment will fall first...and after that the 1st, 4th & 5th have no teeth. Think they won't try to change the 22nd & have their Progressive champion installed permanently? If Oblunder had another Supreme...we'd already be talking about a 3rd term for him to continue his "Change" for Amerika. After the Gore & Kerry losses...politics changed forever. It no longer has over-riding ethical or moral value, as the guideline for electing our candidates for office. Politics is a blood sport, played by billionaires. And we are a "tap" for their continued financial welfare. I can't let Killary or the Commie win. Oblunders victory in 2012 was due in large part, to Republicans & Independents staying away from voting...or wasting their votes. I won't live much longer (maybe 20 years) but I will rue the day the Progs win 2016...because I will live to see my kids & grandkids enslaved like we never were.