I Voted for Rubio: Here's the Greatest Service He Can Perform Now for His Beloved Nation

Valin

?singlepage=truePJ Media:

Scott Ott

March 9, 2016

(Snip)

But Rubio is no longer everybody's second choice. He's third. He's fourth. It pains me to say this -- both because I like Rubio, and because I remember how tough it was to acknowledge my own defeat.

Marco Rubio is a patriot who wears his love for America on his sleeve. He often notes how he sees his public service as repayment of a debt that can never be cleared, since America has given so much to his family of Cuban immigrants.

Marco Rubio is a viable presidential candidate...but not this year.

Nevertheless, he can still perform a priceless service to this God-blessed country. He can join with Ted Cruz in preventing the nomination of an amoral autocrat whose protectionist policy proposals would trigger a great depression, and whose sociopathic personality would alienate our allies, making us less safe.

At this moment, this is the greatest service Marco Rubio can offer to his country. Later, perhaps, he'll do even greater things.

Rubio has already served his country nobly by drawing attention to who Donald Trump really is. Now, it lies with Rubio -- and perhaps with him alone -- to ensure that such a scoundrel never sullies the office of the presidency in this nation which Marco Rubio loves so much.