Actual Fascism Was My #NeverTrump Moment

Draggingtree

Draggingtree
actual-fascism-was-my-nevertrump-moment-2There Surgent: Actual Fascism Was My #NeverTrump Moment

By Josh Hammer | March 4, 2016, 03:53pm

Better late than never, I suppose.

Though I have been relentlessly anti-Donald Trump for months now — constantly referring to him as a big-government faux-conservative fraudster — I nonetheless publicly wrote only eleven days ago that I would vote for Trump in a general election. My reasoning was fairly straightforward: the untimely death of legendary Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia made the future of the Court a particularly salient political issue, given the surprisingly strong commitments thus far from Mitch McConnell and Chuck Grassley to hold the line on Obama SCOTUS nominees, and the fact that Trump himself had name-dropped two excellent possible replacements in U.S. Court of Appeals Judges Diane Sykes and William Pryor Scissors-32x32.png

pollyannaish

Why do so many people not see how dangerous this man is? I am in the #NeverTrump category not because I don't understand what it will do to our country to have a Hillary or Bernie because he splits the vote. I'm terrified of both of them and their agendas. What concerns me is what Trump actually says he will do and I believe him. Do people not listen? Do they think he's just BSing? If he has no moral center, he will do whatever he likes. He doesn't respect the constitution. He finds it an inconvenient piece of paper to be renegotiated. He is embarrassing for our party and toxic for the country, but his lack of wisdom and restraint is dangerous to the world in the same way other self absorbed men seized the reins of power and used large groups of people as pawns to accomplish their ends. And killed the inconvenient ones. He says as much. I don't care what size he thinks his junk is in comparison to others. It's not funny anymore.

• Like 4

Draggingtree

Why do so many people not see how dangerous this man is? I am in the #NeverTrump category not because I don't understand what it will do to our country to have a Hillary or Bernie because he splits the vote. I'm terrified of both of them and their agendas. What concerns me is what Trump actually says he will do and I believe him. Do people not listen? Do they think he's just BSing? If he has no moral center, he will do whatever he likes. He doesn't respect the constitution. He finds it an inconvenient piece of paper to be renegotiated. He is embarrassing for our party and toxic for the country, but his lack of wisdom and restraint is dangerous to the world in the same way other self absorbed men seized the reins of power and used large groups of people as pawns to accomplish their ends. And killed the inconvenient ones. He says as much. I don't care what size he thinks his junk is in comparison to others. It's not funny anymore.

I’m not in the Trump swamp

Monday's Wednesday's & Friday's I say No To Trump. What I would really like is a 3rd Viable option....like a Cruz/Rubio...Rubio/Cruz ticket. Hey Marco...Ted Being, VP is not such a bad gig!

If Reagan and Bush could do it, so can you two.

• Like 1

Draggingtree

Monday's Wednesday's & Friday's I say No To Trump. What I would really like is a 3rd Viable option....like a Cruz/Rubio...Rubio/Cruz ticket. Hey Marco...Ted Being, VP is not such a bad gig!

Lets stick to Cruz/Rubio tongue.png

Draggingtree

I see nothing creepy about this at all. Do you?

Cc0GH_sWAAA2fR2.jpg

Donald Trump makes members of his Orlando crowd raise their right hands and swear to vote in the primary.

Draggingtree

The Nazi salute or Hitler salute (German: Hitlergruß – literally Hitler Greeting) is a gesture that was used as a greeting in Nazi Germany. The salute is performed by extending the right arm in the air with a straightened hand. Usually, the person offering the salute would say "Heil Hitler!"

Lets stick to Cruz/Rubio tongue.png

Either way is fine with me.

What I don't understand (one of the many many many....things) is why they don't get it. OTOH maybe they do, and talks are going on behind to scene.....I hope so.

The Nazi salute or Hitler salute (German: Hitlergruß – literally Hitler Greeting) is a gesture that was used as a greeting in Nazi Germany. The salute is performed by extending the right arm in the air with a straightened hand. Usually, the person offering the salute would say "Heil Hitler!"

If DT wins the nomination you can look forward to seeing this in many many Democrat ads.

Draggingtree

If DT wins the nomination you can look forward to seeing this in many many Democrat ads.

yep

Draggingtree
3/8/2016

Filed under: General — Dana @ 6:30 am

[guest post by Dana]

After requesting that assembled supporters raise their right arms and pledge to vote for him during a campaign stop in Florida several days ago, Donald Trump again asked crowds in Mississippi and North Carolina to raise their right arms while he lead them in a “pledge” of support yesterday. This morning, Trump claimed there was no similarity between this and that of the “Heil Hitler” salute. Further, while on the telephone with the TODAY show, the candidate sounded shocked to hear that people found the practice creepy. And disturbing:

“Honestly, until this phone call, I didn’t realize it was a problem,” Trump said on NBC’s “Today” show, claiming crowds are simply “having a good time” and suggesting they wanted the pledge.

“If it’s offensive, if there’s anything wrong with it, I wouldn’t do it,” Trump insisted, saying he would “look into” criticism.

“They’re raising their hand in the form of a vote, not in the form a salute,” Trump added on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” calling the controversy “crazy.” Scissors-32x32.png

http://patterico.com/2016/03/08/donald-trump-shocked-that-americans-are-disturbed-by-the-candidate-requesting-supporters-raise-their-arms-in-allegiance-to-him/

Draggingtree

The Trump Coalition Is A Well-Laid Trap

By: Joe Cunningham (Diary) | March 9th, 2016 at 01:00 PM

Donald Trump has been bragging for weeks now about how he has been bringing new voters into the GOP in order to vote for him. It’s what’s helped him win many states, and it’s what’s helped him regain momentum after an embarrassing Saturday. However, in the long run, the strategy is meaningless.

Democrats crossing over to vote for Trump and liberal independents registering to vote for him is not a sustainable general election strategy. While most of the conventional wisdom of the past has flown out the window to escape the insanity of 2016, Democrats will vote for Democrats. Republicans are the ones who are not guaranteed to vote for Republicans. Scissors-32x32.png

He, without exception, has been kept under 50% in every state, including Mississippi. Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.redstate.com/joesquire/2016/03/09/trump-coalition-well-laid-trap/

Well unless there is a viable 3rd party (besides the Libertarian Party), if Trump is the nominee, I will either vote for Gary Johnson or John McAfee.

Something that occurred to me today....

Replace Battle with Campaign.

Like JNO Buford, I can see what is going to happen if DT gets the nomination (and its not good) and what happens if he wins.

Devin, I've led a soldier's political junkies life, and I've never seen anything as brutally clear as this.

• Like 1

Related

Transcript

(Snip)

HH: Is he a real conservative versus Donald Trump?

CF: Absolutely. Ted Cruz reveres the Constitution, because he knows that it is the Constitution that protects us from the very abuse of power that we see in D.C. What we have today, and what we’ve had for too long, you’ve heard me say this on your show over and over again, Hugh, we have too much power – economic power, political power. We have too much power concentrated in the hands of too few. The Constitution is not just a document that protects our individual liberties. Our Constitution is a document that protects against the abuse of power. The power has been abused by too few for too long. Ted Cruz understands that. Donald Trump is the system. Donald Trump will not reform the system. He is the system. He has made billions buying off people like Hillary Clinton who are inside that system. Ted Cruz is a real conservative, and he’s put those principles to test.

HH: When you say Donald Trump is the system, what do you mean by that?

CF: Well, look, people decry, I have in my presidential campaign, crony capitalism. What is crony capitalism? It’s when the big, the powerful, the wealthy and the well-connected benefit. And the small and the powerless get crushed. Donald Trump is big, powerful, wealthy and well-connected. He and Hillary Clinton are two sides of the same coin. Hillary Clinton has made millions and millions selling access and influence from the inside. And Donald Trump has made billions and billions buying people like Hillary Clinton off. He is the system. He will not reform the system. He is not in it for the small and the powerless. He is in it for the big and the powerful, the wealthy and the well-connected, and he’s number one in that line.

HH: Now let me channel some Trump supporters. You know, I remain Switzerland. And everyone is welcome here, and I’m sure I’ll hear from Trump supporters later. His best argument, he brings new people into the Republican Party. He did so in Michigan. He can win Michigan, he can win Pennsylvania, he can win New York. He went through it in his long press conference last night. How does Ted Cruz match him in terms of electoral strength in the fall?

CF: And by the way, that’s a really important fact. His supporters are absolutely right to point that out. Donald Trump should point that out, that he’s bringing in new voters. But you see, I think the reality is those new voters are being brought in on a belief that Donald Trump is in it for them. He’s not in it for them. He’s in it for him. You know, Ted Cruz made an interesting point today in his rally. He said you know, isn’t it odd that Donald Trump would ask his supporters to pledge their loyalty to him. The truth is the president should pledge his loyalty to the American people, as I have said to you many times, Hugh. A leader first and foremost is a servant. A leader serves. Ted Cruz will be a servant leader. Donald Trump is about the power for himself, the loyalty to himself, and the wealth and the connection that he gains by being a part of this system. So don’t be fooled by Donald Trump. He’s in it for himself, not for you.

(Snip)

• Like 1

Draggingtree

Well unless there is a viable 3rd party (besides the Libertarian Party), if Trump is the nominee, I will either vote for Gary Johnson or John McAfee.

unsure.png

pollyannaish

Carly was my man in the race. Well spoken, calm, conservative, effective, executive experience, Outside the beltway, non elitist, presidential.

I can not for the life of me understand why she was so blocked out of everything and over looked. And we get left with this dufus.

Draggingtree

I Like Ike

Draggingtree

March 12, 2016

#NeverTrump = #AlwaysHillary

By J. Robert Smith

As reported by Rush Limbaugh, and per the Huffington Post, Karl Rove was at a hush-hush enclave of mostly tech moguls conferring (all right, plotting) about ways to lay-low Donald Trump. The focus was blocking Trump from gaining enough delegates to win the GOP nomination outright. Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan, among other usual suspects, were in attendance, too. It was a #NeverTrump confab on steroids.

The cabal of super-rich and establishment Republicans is a last-ditch effort; the aim is pushing the nomination fight to the Republican convention floor. It’s there, they suppose, that through brilliant manipulation of the rules and maneuvers worthy of Rove’s retainers, Trump – oh, and Cruz -- will be stopped. A suitable Republican replacement will be found; a button-down, hands-across-the-aisle Cartelian. Maybe John Kasich, who through Rove’s chicanery, magically secures the nomination. Kasich has declared that he wouldn’t “get personal” with Hillary. Bill’s and Hill’s low ethics are out of bounds -- or as the Brits used to say, “Not Cricket.” Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/03/nevertrump__alwayshillary.html