Cruz fires top campaign spokesman over Rubio Bible video

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
cruz-fires-top-campaign-spokesman-over-rubio-bible-video.html?intcmp=hpbt1Fox News:

Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz said Monday he’s fired campaign communications director Rick Tyler, after his top spokesman promoted a video that wrongly depicted Florida Sen. Marco Rubio as trash-talking the Bible.

The Texas senator announced that he's asked for the resignation at a press conference Monday afternoon.

“We are not a campaign that is going to question the faith of another candidate. Even if it was true, our campaign should not have sent it. That’s why I’ve asked for Rick Tyler’s resignation,” Cruz said. “The standards of conduct in this campaign have been made absolutely clear.”

________

Busted and gone..

Don’t Stir Up Bad Blood Right When You Need Allies!
Jim Geraghty
February 22, 2016

Alexis, it’s pretty clear Ted Cruz needed to do something.

Cruz appears to have permanently irked Ben Carson over the rumor of his imminent campaign suspension in Iowa, and now he’s in danger of doing the same with Rubio with the PhotoShopped handshake image and the false story of Rubio mocking the Bible. Maybe every campaign starts playing fast and loose with the facts about their rivals when the competition gets intense, but the label is sticking to Cruz.

(Snip)

Is it the reputation for dishonest attacks that’s hurting Cruz? It can’t help, and if Cruz sees himself getting into a two-man race with Trump, he’s going to need Marco Rubio’s voters to prefer him to Trump.

At a time when candidates need their coalition to grow, these sorts of attacks stir up bad blood.

• Like 1

Jim Geraghty

February 22, 2016

Cruz appears to have permanently irked Ben Carson over the rumor of his imminent campaign suspension in Iowa, and now he’s in danger of doing the same with Rubio with the PhotoShopped handshake image and the false story of Rubio mocking the Bible. Maybe every campaign starts playing fast and loose with the facts about their rivals when the competition gets intense, but the label is sticking to Cruz.

(Snip)

Is it the reputation for dishonest attacks that’s hurting Cruz? It can’t help, and if Cruz sees himself getting into a two-man race with Trump, he’s going to need Marco Rubio’s voters to prefer him to Trump.

At a time when candidates need their coalition to grow, these sorts of attacks stir up bad blood.

Here is the thing.. Ted Cruz is burning a lot of bridges especially with Rubio supporters like me. I will vote for him, but my gut feeling is that Ted will lose the race to the President. I think Ted will be better on the Supreme Court.

Jim Geraghty

February 22, 2016

(Snip)

Here is the thing.. Ted Cruz is burning a lot of bridges especially with Rubio supporters like me. I will vote for him, but my gut feeling is that Ted will lose the race to the President. I think Ted will be better on the Supreme Court.

I understand politics ain't beanbag, but in the last month These two have been really going at each other hammer and tong. Who wins DT, that's who.

Jim Geraghty

February 22, 2016

(Snip)

I understand politics ain't beanbag, but in the last month These two have been really going at each other hammer and tong. Who wins DT, that's who.

That is my fear..