Donald Trump Wins Republican South Carolina Primary

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
donald-trump-wins-republican-south-carolina-primaryThe Blaze:

Donald Trump is expected to finish first in the South Carolina primary.

The Associated Press called the state for the Republican frontrunner less than 30 minutes after the polls closed.

Florida Sen. Marco Rubio and Texas Sen. Ted Cruz were in a dead heat for second place. With 26 percent of precincts reporting, Trump had 33.8 percent of the vote, Cruz had 21.7 percent and Rubio was at 21.5 percent.

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush trailed far behind at 8.6 percent of the vote. Ohio Gov. John Kasich was at 8 percent and neurosurgeon Ben Carson was at 6.4 percent.

There are 50 delegates up for grabs for Republicans in South Carolina. Trump won 38 of those delegates on Saturday, according to the AP.

Trump’s victory builds on his victory in New Hampshire last Tuesday, after finishing in second place to Cruz in Iowa on Feb. 1.

South Carolina is a key stop on the way to winning a nomination — Trump’s victories in New Hampshire and South Carolina give him crucial momentum heading into Nevada on Feb. 23 and then the Super Tuesday states on March 1.

Trump had led in the South Carolina polls for weeks. Rubio recently surged toward second place, perhaps aided by an endorsement this week from the state’s Gov. Nikki Haley.

________

Winner takes all.

Lot Of Really Stupid People in South Carolina. And by stupid I mean the kind of people that make Barbara Boxer look like Madam Curie.

Map.jpg

Lot Of Really Stupid People in South Carolina. And by stupid I mean the kind of people that make Barbara Boxer look like Madam Curie.

"When others do a foolish thing, you should tell them it is a foolish thing. They can still continue to do it, but at least the truth is where it needs to be.'

Dukhat Babylon 5

Well, the evangelicals who voted for Trump just proved to be hypocrites. Having said that, I'm glad Jeb is out.. Yes, I was critical of Jeb, but unlike Carson and Kasich he knew it was over. As for Cruz, not good for him to be 3rd. His attacks on Marco failed. If he has a poor showing in Nevada (I think he will), Ted is in trouble.

• Like 1

One thing we can say this morning 32.5% of South Carolina voters are dumber than a very very small box of rocks.

2+2+= If you answer anything other than 4 you may very well be stupid

Did you vote for Donald Trump? if you answer Yes you are stupid.

• Like 3

One thing we can say this morning 32.5% of South Carolina voters are dumber than a very very small box of rocks.

2+2+= If you answer anything other than 4 you may very well be stupid

Did you vote for Donald Trump? if you answer Yes you are stupid.

The evangelicals who voted Trump can no longer complain about Bill Clinton and his shotcomings..

• Like 3

righteousmomma

One thing I am sick of are these labels and stereotypes being thrown around.

S.C. people are not stupid - any more than any other state. S.C. is a mixture of folks from all over the Country - just like every state.

Some South Carolinians are angry and for reasons. For one thing its the economy. The "blue collar" workers are fed up with their factories closing and not being heard in Washington.

From most of the articles I have read a lot of Trump's support came from the "non college educated Evangelicals" and Cruz' from the "college educated Evangelicals"

This is my number 1 gripe - Just what the heck are Evangelicals? The media on both sides and pundits on tv (most of whom are Catholic if Fox's news reporters and pundits are any example or just secular humanists) use this term nonstop.

This "Evangelical" labeling has been creeping in for years and is now solidified.

IF you profess the Christian faith you are also called to be an evangelical - whether Catholic, Methodist, Lutheran, Seventh Day Adventist or any other Christian Denomination. I guess political correctness has forced us to drop the term Protestant. I guess political correctness has forced us to put humanism above God's expressed commands as well as the meaning of the cross for ALL mankind..

This leads me to my other major gripe - this stereotyping of the South - whether it be in regards to religion or race or intelligence or civil rights.

I posted on "Let It out" some principles that define "conservatism". We are not monolithic and we are not all the negative labels the media and liberal society have labeled us with either.

Its time for all of us to get the "Big Picture" and see what is at stake here. Btw, I like Cruz but think we have devolved so far and are so media/celebrity obsessed in this Country that Rubio (whom I also like) has the better chance of winning. I have to make that decision in March. When NC is in the news don't fall for that "Evangelical" vote business.

• Like 3

righteousmomma

Oh, and I did not see Valin's "dumber than a box of rocks" - why don't you add up all the percentages that were split among Cruz, Rubio, Kasich, Bush and Carson. Until more get out of the race Trump will continue to lead. Contrary to what I have heard by the media pundits I do not know any one personally who would give their vote for Rubio to Trump. Most I know would go for Cruz and vice versa. Most people I know are voting for the person they think has the best chance of winning against the Dems.

Unfortunately Cruz has been well vilified by the media.

• Like 2

Cruz Must Flip the Script

By Lucius Coverdale | February 22, 2016, 09:56am

The South Carolina primary results raised red flags for Ted Cruz.

Evangelicals have not coalesced around his campaign like he had hoped even though he is the solid evangelical in this race. This reality reflects the sickness of the church, but it also reveals Cruz must rethink some elements of his communications strategy.

Rick Tyler is an honorable man, but he has made a series of unforced errors lately. The most recent one is latching on to a drive by media hit piece against Rubio where he allegedly insulted the Bible.

Cruz needs a change at the top. Amanda Carpenter has the experience, connections at Cruzworld and current outsider view to make mandatory changes. She’s young but extremely articulate and presents a great image. The campaign may need her to right the ship.

Cruzworld cannot rely on Fox News, which a lot of Cruz supporters have concluded is pretty openly playing favorites with Cruz not at all a favorite. Scissors-32x32.png

http://theresurgent.com/cruz-must-flip-the-script/

righteousmomma
Evangelicals have not coalesced around his campaign like he had hoped even though he is the solid evangelical in this race. This reality reflects the sickness of the church, but it also reveals Cruz must rethink some elements of his communications strategy.

HUH???