White Guilt cartoon falls flat with Virginia parents

Valin

white-guilt-cartoon-falls-flat-with-virginia-parentsHot Air:

Jazz Shaw

February 15, 2016

I suppose somebody thought this was a good idea in the hallowed halls of Glen Allen High School in Virginia. The goal was apparently to introduce students to the idea of racial equality and sensitivity, but the five year old video they chose to make the point wound up spurring a different sort of discussion around the dinner tables of many families in the district. Details from the Washington Post.

(Snip)

Before going any further, let’s take a moment and watch it for ourselves. (Video runs about 4 minutes.)

The first thing to note here is that this isn’t some new video which was just published as part of the Black Lives Matter movement or any other social unrest situations. This cartoon was produced in 2010 by the African American Policy Forum and, at least according to them, has been shown in schools “hundreds of thousands of times.” (I checked with a couple of parents in my area this weekend and they’d never heard of it, but then again, kids don’t always tell their parents the minutia of every single thing that goes on at school.) In any event, it’s clearly been around for a while.

(Snip)